Thoughts on Lil Nas X?

Hi everyone :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

There's a lot of queer people here so what do you think about Lil Nas? Do you think he's changing the rap industry by being openly gay etc? I see a lot of queer people on Twitter hating on him and saying he looks like a clown and he represents LGBTQ community in a bad way.

My opinion about him? I really like the fact that he is openly gay and he express himself. I don't really like his style but I guess that's not my business. I liked this MONTERO song and it was so funny and sad at the same time seeing all of the Christians being offended and scared of that :emma: Homophobia around it wasn't so funny tho. Let's be real here. If Lil Nas looked like Maluma he would have wayyy more fans and wayyy less haters. Tho I heard Lil Nas is extremely mean and that Twitter profile that allegedly belonged to him is so disturbing and disgusting. I don't like his energy tbh :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching: And I think he tries too hard to be controversial

Lil Nas X dancers axed over COVID fears ahead of 'SNL' rehearsals

But his dancers are hot :emma:

• Love 3

xAZ.gif

Spoiler

Jk. I honestly don't dislike him but I don't follow his career. I don't care for his music but I do like that he is opening doors for future gay artists. He may not be my cup of tea but he is paving the way for other gay artists to become mainstream. And I don't think he's trying to be too controversial, I think he's just doing what women in pop music have been doing for decades. 

• Love 5
  • Like 1

He’s hilarious and has a similar comedic style to half the ppl on exhale. 

I also want to have s🍳x with him 

he has more charisma in his thumb in comparison to the acts out rn 

I’m sure ppl here might just be anti black lmao!! There’s literally no actual reason to be annoyed by him and some do the same to Beyoncé too x 

• Love 8

Well for me as a black bi***ual 21 year old man, he’s EVERYTHING!!!

I have no complaints, he’s living out my fantasy on stage, and feel like that’s me on stage, living my best life.

I do think he is a little much, like he doesn’t have to do ALL OF THAT at every performance, I like that he’s a troll tho he’s gets people talking, and he’s living in all the haters heads rent free!

im not huge fan of his music tho industry baby is probably the only song I like of his tbh

i love his spirit and personality, and sense of humor and he’s very very very attractive!

• Love 8

I absolutely adore this Man. He is living authentically for himself at the moment, he has incredibly well thought out music and videos, and he is **** as hell. Sometimes the envelope he pushes gives me pause. As a huge lover of the Hip Hop community, I was hoping he would bridge the gap between straight and queer artists a little better, but instead it looks as if he's burning that bridge contently to the ground. Maybe he originally thought he would help, but honestly, with all the hate he receives, even from homophobic gays, maybe it makes sense why he just went all out. People have been against him from the beginning (I blame that terrible Old Town Road song/video). But he's got quite a bit of creativity in him, and long story short, I'm excited to see what else he does.

• Love 2

I’m not a fan of his music or his antics. as a gay man I understand we are moving towards a place of being Accepted for who we are. But his antics come comedic that are not taken seriously, like he’s just looking for publicity. the performance, the outfits. Plus the most disrespectful thing is his song went to number 1 for 20 weeks!? While Mariah had her song for 16 weeks pre streaming. That’s a slap in everyone’s face! 

The music isn’t the greatest either, it seems like he relies on autotune and other studio tricks, the way J.Lo does. I wish him the best but absolutely not, not me, certainly not I will be buying his music. 

shrugs-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I’m no fan by any means but I think this dude is bringing the shock value and it’s working. 
As a gay man I never thought I’d see an openly gay dude on stage like that. 
His production and visuals for performances and videos are bringing it but that’s about it. Good for him. I enjoy seeing half nude guys on stage for once and not women 😛

• Love 3

I think he's generally a bad person. I don't see his status as a member of the LGBT+ community as a positive, especially since most of his stunts reinforce harmful gay stereotypes. In terms of his personality, he's basically the worst parts of Madonna, Nicki, Cardi, Gaga and Demi rolled into one body. There's nothing praiseworthy about him constantly moving from gimmick to gimmick for attention just for a couple of hits. Granted, I tolerated his cowboy phase because it was generally creative and different, but then he went down the Satanic and hypersexual road just to promote shoes and anger Christians, which backfired considering that he's being sued over those shoes. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I will also never forget his comments on his various Twitter alt accounts that were outed as being him a few years ago, such as his Islamophobic posts, racist comments about Beyonce's daughter, and the hundreds of other problematic things that he used to say before he got famous. A leopard never changes its spots. :angietea_angelina_jolie_tea_sips_coffee_mug_cup_drink_spilling_spill:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, itsxrichiexbish said:

I was just talking about him yesterday. It’s cool he’s comfortable in his own skin, but i feel his publicized performances are out of anger and not art. I feel like he thinks he has to prove he’s in other by the media and gay hate. To me I don’t think he can grow as an artist until he truly stops acting like he has some thing to prove. 

His album isn’t even out yet so maybe he will have more to deliver with that

and in all fairness the way that racists in the country community and hip hop community have rejected him, I don’t blame him for his anger. I think it’s more comedy than anything 

his VMA performance from what I saw of it was actually very fun to watch. I’d rather watch an interesting performer in comparison to some bore like Shawn Mendez who literally is just hot and that’s all.

1 hour ago, Britman512 said:

Well for me as a black bi***ual 21 year old man, he’s EVERYTHING!!!

I have no complaints, he’s living out my fantasy on stage, and feel like that’s me on stage, living my best life.

I do think he is a little much, like he doesn’t have to do ALL OF THAT at every performance, I like that he’s a troll tho he’s gets people talking, and he’s living in all the haters heads rent free!

im not huge fan of his music tho industry baby is probably the only song I like of his tbh

i love his spirit and personality, and sense of humor and he’s very very very attractive!

💯

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block