VMA: No Britney, no ratings

I never been into the Vmas it wasn't my cup of tea. So please don't attack me for my opinion. 😂

Recently becoming a Britney fan after three years I mostly watch videos because of Britney herself. I didn't tune in this year ceremony. It like what's the point tbh? Anyway later. Stay safe y’all. 

Edited by Deanna Winchester
  • Love 2
  • Like 2

Awards shows are a relic from the time when people used to go on music stores and BUY albums/singles, and artist had to be creative with their songs, music videos, performances and tours to lure people to buy those albums/singles, meanwhile nowadays artist can produce endless amounts of generic filler songs to spotify and albums are meaningless collections of those spotify songs. Artists nowadays get awarded for being mediocrely popular :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Love 8
  • Like 1

VMAs has been put on a map after Madonna by Britney, it's really not up for debate at all I thought ratings would be higher as pandemic is going on but very pathetic :beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao:

I never understood how Piece of me racked up awards but nothing for Toxic, oops or Slave etc? :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

I remember reading 2016 ratings were also good, both Bey and Brit were credited for it also what I think it now only people like us maybe watch the shows not the younger crowd anyway. 

• Like 1

VMAs are dying because it’s a shadow of its former self. Met gala is where it’s at now, and even that maybe has reached its climax. We are usually the first to know then the general public because we keep an eye on these things. 

im not sure what’s next for music but it’s kind of getting stale. 

• Like 3

Time has changed and so much. And music nowadays is mostly bad and so are the newer artists and the vmas and all the award sh?t shows.

Its hard to have an appetite and excitement to watch on tv nowadays because you can watch them anytime and anywhere online. Just a single google search will feed you of your wanted artist or show or movie or whatevs.

So i guess the wide use of internet is to blame after all? 

Hmmmm.

:mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

• Love 1
  • Like 4

it would make me sad if the vmas stopped airing, but the truth is it's getting more and more boring every year. the performances are just not it. the only performance i enjoyed this year was Lil Nas X's, and it wasn't even that great, but the rest were just plain boring. idk what's going on with today's pop girlies but they need to step up their game. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1