Making friends as an adult

I live in a small town so here everybody knows everbody and it's hard to make new friends. The ones that I already have can be kind of mean, condescending and in fact not having my best interest at heart so I basically avoid them most of the time. I am 29 now and I prefer my own peace than having a bunch of fake friends. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

But yeah, I agree getting a pet is a good idea because you can meet new people and get some new friends with the same interests. You can also try going to the gym, volunteering somewhere or just joining/following facebook or instagram pages with the topics that you fancy and starting a chat with someone. :orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited:

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Oh baby baby said:

I live in a small town so here everybody knows everbody and it's hard to make new friends. The ones that I already have can be kind of mean, condescending and in fact not having my best interest at heart so I basically avoid them most of the time. I am 29 now and I prefer my own peace than having a bunch of fake friends. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

But yeah, I agree getting a pet is a good idea because you can meet new people and get some new friends with the same interests. You can also try going to the gym, volunteering somewhere or just joining/following facebook or instagram pages with the topics that you fancy and starting a chat with someone. :orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited:

I guess I am an exception to the rule...I love far away from my home town now and have been working from home for a while so it feels isolating sometimes. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block