Rolling Stone published 500 Best songs of all times "BOMT is at No. 205 and Toxic is at No. 114"

• Content Curators

not a single shakira song in all 500 songs yet i saw meg thee stallion lizzo and bad bunyon 

truly just proves how much more famous shakira is outside of the usa where she is considered one of the top 5 popstars in many countries 

i did see dreams at #9 and that warmed my heart Church Saturday GIF

im actually happy and shocked britney is rated so high tbh 

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, Jefferson Silva said:

single ladies album version

single ladies radio edit

singles ladies beyonce remix

BYE DGHHHKJDGHG

And that’s just a few! And this is no shade to Britney who obviously has had the bigger career in her time. I just want it to be noted that there’s no reason for us to believe Beyoncé doesn’t have a huge career. It is genuinely huge.

But why do people pretend this is a compliment to Britney?

Beyonce Knowles (and Rihanna too) has never in her life recorded a song as great as Toxic whatsoever, especially when comparing the irrelevant Crazy in Love with the timeless Toxic; they laughably rank that Beyonce song over one hundred places above Toxic when they are well aware Toxic is a far greater song.

And the fact that the critically acclaimed electronic duo Justice not only remixed, but later sampled a Britney Spears song (also from In the Zone) on their most enduring single from their most acclaimed album is further proof that there is not even a chance Beyonce's music is more influential than Britney's music. (Just like there is less evidence Beyonce is a songwriter compared to Britney.)

So the question remains, why do people pretend?

• Love 2

I get that people think these should be higher (and I agree!) but this is a big deal! Critics have ignored and dismissed her for her whole career, and she’s FINALLY getting some recognition!

Also, they update these lists regularly and it’s unusual that a song reaches its peak during its first entry. My guess is these both rise with time.

Also, let’s not lose perspective. Even at their current positions, the fact that she has TWO songs in the top half of the 500 greatest songs of ALL TIME! That’s a big deal no matter how you slice it!

Britney Spears Yes GIF

• Like 1

She was told by Virgin Records (label to the Spice girls), the public wants the Spice girls. 

And by warner bros record home to Madonna (there's never gonna be another Madonna).

To where rolling stone said she was her generations Madonna and the biggest pop star for a female since Madonna (hi, lady gaga what's good babe ) 

Britney was her generations Madonna she just respected peoples religion and wanted to entertain, cos that's what her audience wants. Oddly so does the world.

They want to have singers sing without preaching who to vote for, and that there is no god or religion is the root of all evil. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, zxcvb said:

But why do people pretend this is a compliment to Britney?

Beyonce Knowles (and Rihanna too) has never in her life recorded a song as great as Toxic whatsoever, especially when comparing the irrelevant Crazy in Love with the timeless Toxic; they laughably rank that Beyonce song over one hundred places above Toxic when they are well aware Toxic is a far greater song.

And the fact that the critically acclaimed electronic duo Justice not only remixed, but later sampled a Britney Spears song (also from In the Zone) on their most enduring single from their most acclaimed album is further proof that there is not even a chance Beyonce's music is more influential than Britney's music. (Just like there is less evidence Beyonce is a songwriter compared to Britney.)

So the question remains, why do people pretend?

Umbrella and we found love says hi..

We found love was the longest reign on the hot 100 by a female last decade.  Only female song to go double digits and work came close as well, but I forgot the song but it stopped Rihanna from getting her second 10 weeks at number one on the hot 100 in her native broken English tongue that y'all dismissed as mumbling