Rolling Stone published 500 Best songs of all times "BOMT is at No. 205 and Toxic is at No. 114"

E_VKlIAWUAINz0d?format=jpg&name=large

Britney Spears, '...Baby One More Time'

The song that introduced the world to the most influential female pop artist to come around since Madonna was originally intended for TLC, but the R&B group rejected it. Once Swedish songwriter Max Martin met Spears, a new 15-year-old singer with Jive Records, he thought he had the right person for the track. Spears agreed. “I wanted my voice to be kind of rusty,” she told Rolling Stone years later. “I wanted my voice to just be able to groove with the track. So the night before, I stayed up really, really late, so when I went into the studio, I wasn’t rested.”

E_VKwvnXsA4jx1V?format=jpg&name=large

007~4.jpg

Britney Spears, 'Toxic'

After years of maximalist hits, the pop princess went for something a little more subtle with producers Bloodshy and Avant, who piled on James Bond guitar, Bollywood strings, and robo-funk vocoders — making for a different kind of song that felt sticky-sweet but also global and avant-garde. “Toxic” redefined Spears’ image and sound, but it almost wasn’t hers. “That was written in Sweden,” co-writer Cathy Dennis explained. “I went over there to write with Janet Jackson in mind.” The song didn’t end up making it to Jackson, and was then passed up by Kylie Minogue before getting into Spears’ hands.

E_VKwQvXsAQnGWi?format=jpg&name=large

5e28e736ab49fd0f8f5f9203?width=900&forma

Article Link

• Love 6
  • Like 1