Chris Herbert revealed Simon stole the idea of S Club 7..

Simon fuller basically stole the idea of two projects from Chris Herbert n first the Spice girls. 

And then a phone conversation about a multi culture band and mixes ***es. Based off of steps but more than 5  was an idea Chris gave to Simon only to be a collaboration.  Chris got denied.

But his face of disgust said then S Club 7 was the group that happened based off of my idea that he claims his own now.

When asked what the S meant, he said what everybody said Simon. 

Simon club 7..

@Slayer

@Jordan Miller

But it's the secret conversation between him and a photographer that has me shook. He knew the girls got too famous fast and everything was out of control.  

Basically he said he created something that really got to big faster than he thought and it's out of control and he can't stop the monster that happened..

@PokemonSpears

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

completely unrelated, but it all made me think of this group we have in Mexico, OV7. They've been around for more than 30 years now (with a 7 years break), and reminds me of both groups.

First, to S Club 7, because even though they started as a group of 10 kids, sometimes even more, since 1995 they became a 7 mixed members group:

90s.jpg

ov7_berenice.jpg

they're all Mexican, but you can see they all have very different physical features, and even religious backgrounds. Fun fact, both OV7 and S Club 7 were very popular in Latin America in the early 00's. In fact, we have many more mixed groups in Latin America: Timbiriche, Kabah, RBD, and some others, but they've never managed to make it into the anglo market. In fact, OV7 split came right before they were going to record their first album in English, because some of the members wanted to go solo (the same old story of every group :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: )

And then, hearing the Spice Girls' story I didn't know about, this Mexican group also ended up getting rid of their manager and creator, Mexican actress Julissa, in 1999. The move was very controversial and to this day a lot of people in the media talks about it as a betrayal, and even they have recognized they probably didn't do things the right way (though they stand by their decision of departing from her).

In their case, they didn't fire her, instead, they all quit because they were tired of her and her ideas, she was very controlling and was trying to still manage them as a kids' group when they were already young adults. So one day she was like "if you don't like it, then go", and everybody left. But then Sony Music, their label, contacted them and offered them to regroup under a different name (they went from Onda Vaselina to OV7). Everyone, except for one member agreed, and then an ex-member from when they were kids joined them.

They released a new album in 2000, their most successful ever, but as you may imagine, Julissa was furious and to this day I think she's never forgiven them. She's only has had contact with one of the members. They split in 2003, and came back in 2010.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block