Would Britney have been as famous if she had a different name?

Kletus

Loved this thread. 

That's something I've always thought. 

There's magic in her name, in her face, in her voice (omg her voice just does something to my brain, awakes some kind of good in me) 

Her whole being is just different. I love her so much and want the best for her

• Love 7
On 9/14/2021 at 5:10 PM, PokemonSpears said:

I think what Britney Spears has is that it somehow sounds good in almost every language. At least in Spanish it's a name that can be easily pronounced (even if some people give it the Spanish accent) and yeah, as you said, the phonetics of it, they just work.

Christina Aguilera, is a very Latin name, that's why she was so popular with her only album in Spanish, and the reason why everybody believed she was actually Latina. But I get how it doesn't work the same for English speakers.

Jennifer Lopez in the other hand, sounds tacky, because the combination of Jennifer, an English name, with Lopez, which is a very common Spanish last name, usually related with the poor, at least here in Mexico, it's just odd. We have this thing of like people that name their kids with something like Bryan, Kevin, Kimberly, Brittany, Jennifer, Wendy, etc but they have a very common Spanish last name like Pérez, López, González, Martínez, they're usually laughed at. But suddenly JLo just sounded cooler. 

OMG are you Mexicano?? 

MI NOMBRE ES BIBLIOTECA

On 9/14/2021 at 8:21 PM, AP4 said:

Marilyn Monroe was a made up stage name so it goes to say if Britney had an odd name she probably would have used a stage name much like Norma Jeane did 

Marylin Monroe is epic of course, but Norma Jean Mortenson is classic too, it will be the same legend with whatever name, same with Britney. 

I always recall back in late 98 or early 99, my sister referring to her as "Britney Spearis"....like it sounded similar to the actress Penelope Spheeris. I had such a different impression of this naughty "Britney Spearis" who wanted her boyfriend to "hit her one more time". Then of course, I saw the light, the light's name was Britney SPEARS...and I've been stanning ever since. 

• Haha 3

As an artist she has a phenomenal stage presence, timing on point and just in general has astonishing talent. Despite this, the world also fell in love with her for her down to earth persona - she is a super mega star but yet doesn’t let that get to her head.

ofc her name is iconic - it just flows nicely. But I don’t think her name depends on her fame.

• Like 2