Would Britney have been as famous if she had a different name?

Kletus

There is something special about the name BRITNEY SPEARS! Would she have been as famous if her name had been something else? Here are some sample names for her with the same initials. Would they have worked?:

1) Becky Smith

2) Breanna Slipp

3) Bailey Sturgis

4) Brooke Shanedra

What do you think? Would she have been as famous or popular with any different name? :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

• Haha 7
20 minutes ago, Lil-Jay said:

I always found her name fascinating as well! 

There is something magical about it, it sounds so good, idk how to explain, in my language we say it's "zvučno", that would mean "soundy" or something, idk how to translate it to English😂

I would say the same with Marilyn Monroe, they are perfect you know? They stand out, make sense, and are cute in a way 

For example, Christina Aguilera is a cool name but never sounded so simple yet so effective like Britney's🤷🏼‍♂️

I think what Britney Spears has is that it somehow sounds good in almost every language. At least in Spanish it's a name that can be easily pronounced (even if some people give it the Spanish accent) and yeah, as you said, the phonetics of it, they just work.

Christina Aguilera, is a very Latin name, that's why she was so popular with her only album in Spanish, and the reason why everybody believed she was actually Latina. But I get how it doesn't work the same for English speakers.

Jennifer Lopez in the other hand, sounds tacky, because the combination of Jennifer, an English name, with Lopez, which is a very common Spanish last name, usually related with the poor, at least here in Mexico, it's just odd. We have this thing of like people that name their kids with something like Bryan, Kevin, Kimberly, Brittany, Jennifer, Wendy, etc but they have a very common Spanish last name like Pérez, López, González, Martínez, they're usually laughed at. But suddenly JLo just sounded cooler. 

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Lil-Jay said:

I always found her name fascinating as well! 

There is something magical about it, it sounds so good, idk how to explain, in my language we say it's "zvučno", that would mean "soundy" or something, idk how to translate it to English😂

I would say the same with Marilyn Monroe, they are perfect you know? They stand out, make sense, and are cute in a way 

For example, Christina Aguilera is a cool name but never sounded so simple yet so effective like Britney's🤷🏼‍♂️

Marilyn Monroe was a made up stage name so it goes to say if Britney had an odd name she probably would have used a stage name much like Norma Jeane did 

• Like 3