Lana Del Rey officially deactivates her social media pages

DignifiedLove

A loss for the culture. :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad: Lana Del Rey announced in a brief video over the weekend that she will be deleting her social media pages on the 12th of September. She claims that [she has] “so many other interests and jobs”. She continues by stating, “for right now, I think I'm going to just keep my circle a little bit closer and continue to develop some other skills and interests." She ends the statement: “I always enjoyed sharing all these very small tidbits with you.” 

On the bright side, Del Rey has a new album coming out this fall titled Blue Banisters. She claims to be continuing to work on more records, poetry and has plans to release a spoken-word album. 

Some fans are speculating that Del Rey simply couldn’t handle the pressure and scrutiny she faced when it came to her socials while some claim that the deactivation was a smart idea so that she doesn’t have to deal with the toxic culture that revolves around social media. Keep in mind, it’s very rare for her an artist of that caliber and with a large following to suddenly delete social media. 

In conclusion, it’s her way of signing off and I, for one, will surely miss her. :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:smlr.jpg.cd0809c37f3c1e68fd947f6cc6e0bfcc.jpg

• Like 2

I get it. Two weeks ago I did the same thing because there’s so much negativity on social media... I don’t think the apps are the problem but the content you follow. I simply don’t resonate with some people and I just want to unfollow everyone. No, I’m not a loner but I’m also NOT the same person as I used to be on my teenage years. Who else feel the same as me and Lana? :emma:

• Love 7
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, Style. said:

I get it. Two weeks ago I did the same thing because there’s so much negativity on social media... I don’t think the apps are the problem but the content you follow. I simply don’t resonate with some people and I just want to unfollow everyone. No, I’m not a loner but I’m also NOT the same person as I used to be on my teenage years. Who else feel the same as me and Lana? :emma:

It’s true. I first made my IG and Twitter when I was a teenager and I find that the older I get, the more I realize how social media has diverted into a toxic environment and isn’t what it used to be. I don’t have any plans of deleting my socials but I can totally resonate with what you’re saying. I find that particularly IG can almost be like a trap and very addicting, especially when you’re not in the right headspace.

• Like 4

I'm going to be honest.

Politics and personal beliefs is what made social media toxic. 

But like a friend said, they never thought they see the day where being a political activist would be a way to survive as being a human, people who weren't political or voted are forced to do things they don't believe just to be left alone. 

It wasn't like this 10 years ago, but it all changed when politicians saw the platform as a neccessary tool to reach to people and boy did that ruin the connections we made. 

Opinions are no longer allowed, even your own opinion can be used against you, and actually cancel you cos it's not the popular one. 

Nicki Is dealing with it now. 

She wants to research the vaccine but the media and social media users dubbed her as anti vax for wanting to research it..

She basically said that she is inching closer to retirement cos being a mom is more important than her career and she said she enjoys being a wife and a mom..that's her world now..

@Style. might wanna get ready to say goodbye.  Motherhood has led her to a different path, and i think she is actually honest. Her son made her truly happy than her career as a rapper. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 3
13 hours ago, Martini said:

she's been acting super weird for a while now so this might be good for her. the lack of effort when it came to releasing music made me wonder if she was just over it. sounds like she's trying to recenter herslelf 

Possibly but Lana was also never really a follower. She was always in her own lane and with cancel/SJW culture on the rise, she found herself landing in hot water more often than it should. IMO, she’s incredibly misunderstood and in many ways, she’s much better off not feeding into that toxic culture. Despite what some may call her ‘half-assed’ efforts, I find her to be one of the most unique artists of our lifetime. She captures an essence that’s so rare to find in celebrities these days. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, electricopop said:

They should at least created a business-only socials to promote her projects. Oh well, I'm gonna miss her vintage selfies and videos!!!

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a celebrity of her caliber delete all social media pages. Like has that ever been done before? I mean often times, they will either just post less or have a team or group manage their page instead. I really will miss her presence. Her posts and images were always such a breath of fresh air. :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

I'm sorry, but this seems sort of extra. Why does she need to deactivate her accounts, why not simply stop signing in? Or better yet, keep the accounts but not make personal posts and instead simply post promo content like many other celebrities do? :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

This whole thing reminds me of how certain members here publicly make a scene about wanting their Exhale account deleted even though they could simply not login anymore, yet they make a big deal about it for attention anyway. :angietea_angelina_jolie_tea_sips_coffee_mug_cup_drink_spilling_spill:

• Haha 3
31 minutes ago, Stefani said:

I'm sorry, but this seems sort of extra. Why does she need to deactivate her accounts, why not simply stop signing in? Or better yet, keep the accounts but not make personal posts and instead simply post promo content like many other celebrities do? :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

This whole thing reminds me of how certain members here publicly make a scene about wanting their Exhale account deleted even though they could simply not login anymore, yet they make a big deal about it for attention anyway. :angietea_angelina_jolie_tea_sips_coffee_mug_cup_drink_spilling_spill:

The shaaaade to that Exhale member who made a thread recently asking for its account to be deleted. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Haha 2
On 9/14/2021 at 2:47 PM, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a celebrity of her caliber delete all social media pages. Like has that ever been done before? I mean often times, they will either just post less or have a team or group manage their page instead. I really will miss her presence. Her posts and images were always such a breath of fresh air. :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

I know right. I don't think so, except maybe veteran artists and those who are no longe alive.

I do hope fans get some updates on her website or newsletter at least.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block