Jump to content

If in fact Jamie is President of the LLC'S associated with Britney (touring, publishing, branding etc.) will he still have power should the conservatorship be dissolved?


Recommended Posts

Been wondering about this, hoping someone on Exhale can clear this up:

I remember seeing Twitter threads a while back claiming that Jamie is in charge (as president I believe) of multiple LLC's related to Britney. I'm not sure if this is true or not, but if it is the conservatorship is dissolved, will he still have power over these LLC's seemingly related to all things Britney?

Hoping someone can answer this!

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, B. Leigh said:

I'm posted for the answer to this question...I feel like whoever is conservator of her estate or Britney herself once she is free could boot him but who knows what the laws are...

I'm so interested in what happens with the LLC's or companies associated with Britney if the conservatorship ends... Hopefully someone on here knows the answer! 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

I'm not a legal person, so this is an opinion that lacks legal basis but...

 

...surely all the contracts signed on Britney's behalf would be null and void  once the conservatorship ended? Additionally, Jamie only had the ability to put himself in those positions, due to the powers granted to him by the LA Courts, via the conservatorship, meaning he was able to make business decisions for business positions in companies he made simply because he could as conservatorship....

 

...so, if someone replaced Jamie, they would control the estate and the 'business' under Britney's name. Ultimately, Britney or the Conservatorship of the estate can fire and replace anyone under them. 

 

Before we even mention alleged possible money laundering, Jamie really won't have any legal grounds to stand by if he is removed; he created jobs for himself.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
13 hours ago, DJBringItBack said:

didn’t the brand exist before the conservatorship? I’m almost sure this was always a thing but the conservatorship gave Jamie ownership 

Do you know if any of the LLC's or companies that may currently exist, existed before the conservatorship or were some created during? I wonder what happens if some were created under the conservatorship. 

Link to comment
  • Super Mods
19 hours ago, Like A Slumber Party said:

Example with recent colouring book:

 

 

I'm not supporting the book, 'cause it looks cheap af, but sabotaging it is most likely not gonna harm Jamie or whoever owns the company in any way, depending on the deal they have. They could be sending Britney Brands a percentage of every book sold, but I doubt it given how cheap the actual product is, so it's most likely they just paid an initial flat fee to use Britney's likeness.

As I said on the other thread, that legend also appears on the Britney Funkos' packaging. I don't think Funko pays royalties to every single one of the thousands of brands they use, it's most likely they just pay once for the rights to use the image or likeness of a particular character.

I seriously doubt Jamie came up with the idea of releasing Britney Funko's, or calendars or coloring books, but it's the companies that produce these that reach out to Britney Brands to use her image.

 

As for Jamie being president of several companies, that's the whole ordeal that Britney's lawyer needs to investigate. How did Jamie name himself president of those companies in the first place? Did he really have authority to do that? Or create companies and name Britney the president when she was under a conservatorship? When Britney has control of her estate again, she'll have to regain control of all of this too, or if not, then maybe she'll have to cut ties with these entities, or idk, a business manager will have to sort this out too.

Part of everything they need to uncover, is not only how much money has she earned and how much they've spent on her behalf, but also, what are the deals and contracts she's caught in, like, what does her record deal say, or the deal with the company that makes the perfumes, etc. What are her obligations currently? Because maybe Jamie has signed her into contracts with conditions she ignores. 

If he has any decency left, I'd imagine he'd quit all those positions.

 

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Participate on Exhale's Top 100 of 2021

Link to comment
16 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I'm not supporting the book, 'cause it looks cheap af, but sabotaging it is most likely not gonna harm Jamie or whoever owns the company in any way, depending on the deal they have. They could be sending Britney Brands a percentage of every book sold, but I doubt it given how cheap the actual product is, so it's most likely they just paid an initial flat fee to use Britney's likeness.

As I said on the other thread, that legend also appears on the Britney Funkos' packaging. I don't think Funko pays royalties to every single one of the thousands of brands they use, it's most likely they just pay once for the rights to use the image or likeness of a particular character.

I seriously doubt Jamie came up with the idea of releasing Britney Funko's, or calendars or coloring books, but it's the companies that produce these that reach out to Britney Brands to use her image.

 

As for Jamie being president of several companies, that's the whole ordeal that Britney's lawyer needs to investigate. How did Jamie name himself president of those companies in the first place? Did he really have authority to do that? Or create companies and name Britney the president when she was under a conservatorship? When Britney has control of her estate again, she'll have to regain control of all of this too, or if not, then maybe she'll have to cut ties with these entities, or idk, a business manager will have to sort this out too.

Part of everything they need to uncover, is not only how much money has she earned and how much they've spent on her behalf, but also, what are the deals and contracts she's caught in, like, what does her record deal say, or the deal with the company that makes the perfumes, etc. What are her obligations currently? Because maybe Jamie has signed her into contracts with conditions she ignores. 

If he has any decency left, I'd imagine he'd quit all those positions.

 

Thanks for your take on this! Do you think those companies using Britney's likeness perhaps pay a fee and royalties? Curious about that!

Link to comment
  • Super Mods
13 minutes ago, Like A Slumber Party said:

Thanks for your take on this! Do you think those companies using Britney's likeness perhaps pay a fee and royalties? Curious about that!

well, we can't know for sure, but it seems to me it's most likely they just pay one fee. Especially for such weird items like these, which they can't expect to be sold out or something (even if there was no conservatorship), unlike the fragrances for example. So I just see it from the perspective of the publisher, it would be a very bad deal to have to pay royalties for each book sold, when they're not even an expensive item. And even for Britney Brands, it's more convenient if they just sell her image and likeness at a fixed price, and then not having to care whether the books, calendars, panties, bandaids or whatever, sell or not.

 

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Participate on Exhale's Top 100 of 2021

Link to comment
29 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

well, we can't know for sure, but it seems to me it's most likely they just pay one fee. Especially for such weird items like these, which they can't expect to be sold out or something (even if there was no conservatorship), unlike the fragrances for example. So I just see it from the perspective of the publisher, it would be a very bad deal to have to pay royalties for each book sold, when they're not even an expensive item. And even for Britney Brands, it's more convenient if they just sell her image and likeness at a fixed price, and then not having to care whether the books, calendars, panties, bandaids or whatever, sell or not.

 

Interested to see how everything plays out! Thank you for your take :) 

Link to comment
13 hours ago, Like A Slumber Party said:

Do you know if any of the LLC's or companies that may currently exist, existed before the conservatorship or were some created during? I wonder what happens if some were created under the conservatorship. 

There are a lottttt created since the conservatorship started which were all fake companies allegedly for money laundering allegedly 

 

Spoiler

Allegedly again just to be safe 

 

Link to comment
9 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

 

As I said on the other thread, that legend also appears on the Britney Funkos' packaging. I don't think Funko pays royalties to every single one of the thousands of brands they use, it's most likely they just pay once for the rights to use the image or likeness of a particular character.

I seriously doubt Jamie came up with the idea of releasing Britney Funko's, or calendars or coloring books, but it's the companies that produce these that reach out to Britney Brands to use her image.

 

As for Jamie being president of several companies, that's the whole ordeal that Britney's lawyer needs to investigate. How did Jamie name himself president of those companies in the first place? Did he really have authority to do that? Or create companies and name Britney the president when she was under a conservatorship? When Britney has control of her estate again, she'll have to regain control of all of this too, or if not, then maybe she'll have to cut ties with these entities, or idk, a business manager will have to sort this out too.

Part of everything they need to uncover, is not only how much money has she earned and how much they've spent on her behalf, but also, what are the deals and contracts she's caught in, like, what does her record deal say, or the deal with the company that makes the perfumes, etc. What are her obligations currently? Because maybe Jamie has signed her into contracts with conditions she ignores. 

If he has any decency left, I'd imagine he'd quit all those positions.

 

If I'm not wrong, Britney Brands Inc was created during the c-ship. The previous company was Brand Sense Partners, an agency that represented Britney in 2003 for all her product licensing deals, including Elizabeth Arden fragrances. That's the whole lawsuit that took place in 2010 where BSP claimed that Jamie Spears unilaterally altered the Arden contract and persuaded the perfume company to pay all royalties directly to Spears, making BSP to lose around 10 Million dollars. That's when Britney Brands Inc was created.

 

In 2018, Britney Brands Inc signed a juicy deal with Epic rights to license Britney's image on different products. All current items such as Funko's Pop! LootCrate, Official Britney store, the coloring book, among other items are being licensed through EPIC rights. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
10 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I'm not supporting the book, 'cause it looks cheap af, but sabotaging it is most likely not gonna harm Jamie or whoever owns the company in any way, depending on the deal they have. They could be sending Britney Brands a percentage of every book sold, but I doubt it given how cheap the actual product is, so it's most likely they just paid an initial flat fee to use Britney's likeness.

As I said on the other thread, that legend also appears on the Britney Funkos' packaging. I don't think Funko pays royalties to every single one of the thousands of brands they use, it's most likely they just pay once for the rights to use the image or likeness of a particular character.

I seriously doubt Jamie came up with the idea of releasing Britney Funko's, or calendars or coloring books, but it's the companies that produce these that reach out to Britney Brands to use her image.

 

As for Jamie being president of several companies, that's the whole ordeal that Britney's lawyer needs to investigate. How did Jamie name himself president of those companies in the first place? Did he really have authority to do that? Or create companies and name Britney the president when she was under a conservatorship? When Britney has control of her estate again, she'll have to regain control of all of this too, or if not, then maybe she'll have to cut ties with these entities, or idk, a business manager will have to sort this out too.

Part of everything they need to uncover, is not only how much money has she earned and how much they've spent on her behalf, but also, what are the deals and contracts she's caught in, like, what does her record deal say, or the deal with the company that makes the perfumes, etc. What are her obligations currently? Because maybe Jamie has signed her into contracts with conditions she ignores. 

If he has any decency left, I'd imagine he'd quit all those positions.

 

I saw SW video on trust yesterday, Britney's intellectual property money like music - merch - perfume etc is not even going in the estate neither they are reported into the probate court I do feel all of this have been packed under SJB trust which they dont have to report. 

But, I do feel Jamie will have no other option than quitting altogether. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block