BRITNEY ANNOUNCES SHE IS ENGAGED TO SAM

Message added by Slayer,

Please keep comments respectful and let Britney have her moment and do not rain on her parade.

Congratulations Britney and Sam :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Send your well wishes! :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

Any negativity will not be tolerated.

10 hours ago, MrLovett said:

She's not rushing anything, they've been together for 5 years now :slowdown_down_cardib_b_cardi_um_fast_confused_what_stare: And if Britney wants another biological child let her have one wtf :slowdown_down_cardib_b_cardi_um_fast_confused_what_stare:

Anyways I'm so happy for them. She's gonna be a gorgeous bride :comingthru_miss_ny_new_york_pollard_tiffany_walk_runway_hair:

I was responding to someone else’s comment saying she better hurry and have kids 

This will probably get me downvoted to hell and back. I'll start off by saying that I'm completely different than Britney, Britney's completely different than me. What she does or doesn't do might be stuff I'd do or not do. I realize Britney and Sam have been together for years. Putting myself in her shoes: I'd just keep dating. I don't believe in marriage as a normal person and I'd double down on that as a celeb. We'll shack up together and maybe we'll be as lucky as Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell. Anyway, I'd want to enjoy "independent time". I wouldn't want to rush off and do something this major out of coming out of something so major*.

I realize this is coming out awkward so let me see if I can use an example. I've read articles after my dad passed away that warns about the widow making big life decisions after a death. Don't sell your house and move in with a child...that sorta stuff. And I realize that might be an area where you don't have a choice. If you can't take care of yourself, yeah, somebody's gonna have to do some moving whether it be you to a child's house or the child moving in with you. 

I realize this isn't a death but it's still a major life decision. And yeah, it's an engagement. Nobody's saying they'll be married by the end of the month or something like that. I truly wish Britney the best but I don't like Sam. I hope my gut feelings are wrong and he truly loves Britney the person instead of $$$$$/"I'm gonna get even more famous because look at who I'm married to!" I also hope it's not a case of settling. "I'm not marrying for love. I want a little girl. Let's see if we can have a little girl and you can have anything you want from me."

Anyway, I wish Britney the best.

• Like 3

I also feel like defending Octavia Spencer. I'm not trying to sit here and label anybody as being stupid or foolish. Britney's been around the block when it concerns marriage so I'm sure she's got experience under her belt for what she needs to do or doesn't need to do. But one never can tell what's going through anybody's mind. I look at Prince and how he died without a will. That's the one that boggles my mind. I'm not calling him an idiot. Just saying it boggles my mind how he didn't trot his *** down to a lawyer's office after the first million that he made and make up a will and constantly keep it updated. You have a falling out with people and you don't want them to get a penny? Trot your *** down to that lawyer's office and update it. You have people you want to include that are new to your life? Update it. Don't just wave it off as "I'm still young and healthy. I don't need that ****. I'll wait til I'm old to do it." 

So Britney's getting a prenup. Good for her. But are there any celebs out there that's got their head in the clouds and don't do it? "Man, this is REAL LOVE. I don't need this prenup **** because our marriage is built to last."