Jump to content

Britney Spears + Bloodshy & Avant (EP)


Recommended Posts

Series 2: Analyzing Britney's iconic producers (Bloodshy & Avant).

Bloodshy & Avant are a Swedish songwriting and production duo consisting of Christian “Bloodshy” Karlsson and Pontus “Avant” Winnberg. They have worked with many prominent artists, including Britney Spears, Kylie Minogue, Ms. Dynamite, Madonna, Jennifer Lopez, Katy Perry, Kelis, Christina Milian, Sky Ferreira, and BoA. In addition to their production work, Karlsson and Winnberg are also members of the synth-pop group Miike Snow, alongside lead vocalist Andrew Wyatt.

With Britney, they have participated writing and producing in the following albums: ‘In The Zone’ (2003); ‘Greatest Hits: My Prerogative’ (2004); ‘Britney and Kevin: Chaotic EP’ (2005); ‘Blackout’ (2007); ‘Circus’ (2008); and ‘Femme Fatale’ (2011).

Songs:

1) “Toxic” (2003)

2) “Showdown” (2003)

3) “My Prerogative” (2004)

4) “Do Somethin’” (2004)

5) “[I’ve Just Begun] Having My Fun (2004)

6) “Chaotic” (2005)

7) “Mona Lisa” (2005)

8) “Piece of Me” (2007)

9) “Radar” (2007)

10) “Freakshow” (2007)

11) “Toy Soldier” (2007)

12) “Unusual You” (2008)

13) “Phonography” (2008)

14) “How I Roll” (2011)

15) “Trip To Your Heart” (2011)

 

 

Should Britney go back to the studio with Bloodshy (at least) for B10?!?

  • Love 4
Link to comment

I love them ! And their band Miike Snow has great music :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

People focus maybe too much on Danja and Max Martin, but to me BLOODSHY & AVANT are the most important producers in her carreer and in her sound evolution. She was the most creative, and probably the most comfortable with them. And their collaboration was clearly working well since they were present on 4 albums (ITZ, Blackout, Circus, FF). They litterally created the "Britney Spears sound "of the 00's : electronic, dance, pop with groundbreaking productions.

Britney Information (@BritneyInformat) | Twitter

  • Love 9
Link to comment
21 minutes ago, Kletus said:

And to think she didn't work with them on Myah Jean :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: that's probably what the problem was

According to Bloodshy himself the last time they worked together was for Britney Jean

Also back when The New Yorker's piece about the conservatorship first came out most people assumed that the producer that they talked to was him which would explain everything (They started working together when she was 21 years old)

Quote

People in Spears’s orbit also noticed changes. A producer who’d worked with her since she was in her early twenties said that she was “more distant, less present—there were no more jokes, no laughter. By the end, she was just led into the vocal booth. She never came into the room where we were.” Recording with Spears had once been effortless, he said, and now it was “really hard, nearly impossible,” to elicit her spark in the booth.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
54 minutes ago, BoyDeChanel said:

Where is 'Trouble' :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Yep, they also produced this track, "Trouble (2008)" from the 'Circus' album, but was only released in the French Amazon Music deluxe edition (as a bonus track).

The song is not released in the U.S. and it's not available in Britney's YouTube account/VEVO or in Spotify. 

britney spears dancing GIF

  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, SonOfSun said:
35 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Her best producers after Max Martin.

People focus maybe too much on Danja and Max Martin, but to me BLOODSHY & AVANT are the most important producers in her carreer and in her sound evolution. She was the most creative, and probably the most comfortable with them. And their collaboration was clearly working well since they were present on 4 albums (ITZ, Blackout, Circus, FF). They litterally created the "Britney Spears sound "of the 00's : electronic, dance, pop with groundbreaking productions.

I wonder why most fans ignore her collaborations with Guy Sigsworth.  He worked with her on two studio albums, produced her greatest ballad (which she composed) and produced some of her best material that probably should have been on her studio albums...

And although they didn't necessarily work together, Justice did remix her song "Me Against the Music" and later sampled that same song in their most enduring hit "D.A.N.C.E. from their album Cross.

 

  • Love 3
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Joman82 said:

Songs:

1) “Toxic” (2003)

2) “Showdown” (2003)

3) “My Prerogative” (2004)

4) “Do Somethin’” (2004)

5) “[I’ve Just Begun] Having My Fun (2004)

6) “Chaotic” (2005)

7) “Mona Lisa” (2005)

8) “Piece of Me” (2007)

9) “Radar” (2007)

10) “Freakshow” (2007)

11) “Toy Soldier” (2007)

12) “Unusual You” (2008)

13) “Phonography” (2008)

14) “How I Roll” (2011)

15) “Trip To Your Heart” (2011)

 

MY GOD, HOW FLAWLESS & ICONIC! I had forgotten how that duo was behind some of the best songs...love your post. They have literally never disappointed me (except Trip To Your Heart) :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:

  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, PlayboyMommy said:
 

People in Spears’s orbit also noticed changes. A producer who’d worked with her since she was in her early twenties said that she was “more distant, less present—there were no more jokes, no laughter. By the end, she was just led into the vocal booth. She never came into the room where we were.” Recording with Spears had once been effortless, he said, and now it was “really hard, nearly impossible,” to elicit her spark in the booth.

Heartbreaking 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, zxcvb said:

I wonder why most fans ignore her collaborations with Guy Sigsworth.  He worked with her on two studio albums, produced her greatest ballad (which she composed) and produced some of her best material that probably should have been on her studio albums...

And although they didn't necessarily work together, Justice did remix her song "Me Against the Music" and later sampled that same song in their most enduring hit "D.A.N.C.E. from their album Cross.

 

"ignore" :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

She worked with a bazillion people, and everything she touches turns into gold. I just mentioned what I think are the two best producers she worked with.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block