Aaliyah’s self titled Album out on ALL streaming services TODAY

rik

Aaliyah’s self titled album is available to stream  today for the first time EVER since it’s original release 20 years years ago!! Much of the recording for this album was spread out between 1998-2001, and would serve as Aaliyah’s final album. It was heavily written and produced by Static Major. timbaland would join on for the final tracks. A song produced by Missy Elliot, I Care 4 U, is also on the record and was originally recorded in 1996.

Here are my favourite songs:

About a month and a half after the original release in 2001, Aaliyah died on August 25th in a tragic plane crash. 

billboards around NYC, LA, and Detroit, and  Tokyo have appeared promoting the album!

I recently created an hour long documentary which took me about a year to make. It details the reasons for why you couldn’t stream aaliyahs music, and the impact this has had on her legacy for future generations of music listeners. It includes back to back interviews (with a cameo from various stars at the time including Britney), along with a backdrop detailing the political landscape/world and how music consumption has also changed. I’d really appreciate if you could check it out 🤍

@PokemonSpears @Midnight @Jordan Miller @SlayOut @SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN  @boyinthemirror

• Love 1
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:

All I’ve spent the day listening to.

It’s genuinely so perfect!!!

1 hour ago, blackguillemot said:

A good album, shame I didn't get into it back then. But then agen, enjoying now.

Extra Smooth is one of my faves.

omg you didn’t buy it back then? I think it only hit #1 when she died 

1 hour ago, boyinthemirror said:

I can't believe the Red album is out :unbelievableney_happy_smile_joy_overjoyed_excited_yay::makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy: Now I'm waiting for Turn The Page, Journey to the Past and the singles with their respective remixes to be on streaming platforms. Barry has no right to be this lazy after all this time! The people want EVERYTHING :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Did you see his promo? Also he’s releasing legit everything so don’t you worry! 
min very excited as well. Did you get a chance to finish the doc??

40 minutes ago, Jefferson Silva said:

she probably would be flopping hard these days if alive but boy this girl had so much potential... she IS missed

I disagree solely because I think she had about 10 more films lined up until 2008. That’s just films alone- yes, We Need a Resolution wasn’t doing as well as it should’ve but Aaliyah still owned a stake in Blackground, and would’ve had the ability to decide what was next in the future I think. She was a crew too fr force to be reckoned with and the reality is, we’ll never know what could’ve happened. Also remember, even though the matrix sequels didn’t do well critically it would’ve catapulted her into a whole sea of opportunities in film and music. I’d really love if you could check out my documentary! 

I even talk about the 9/11 attacks 

19 minutes ago, Rik said:

Did you see his promo? Also he’s releasing legit everything so don’t you worry! 
min very excited as well. Did you get a chance to finish the doc??

I disagree solely because I think she had about 10 more films lined up until 2008. That’s just films alone- yes, We Need a Resolution wasn’t doing as well as it should’ve but Aaliyah still owned a stake in Blackground, and would’ve had the ability to decide what was next in the future I think. She was a crew too fr force to be reckoned with and the reality is, we’ll never know what could’ve happened. Also remember, even though the matrix sequels didn’t do well critically it would’ve catapulted her into a whole sea of opportunities in film and music. I’d really love if you could check out my documentary! 

I even talk about the 9/11 attacks 

I cringe every time I see him... That man is pure evil but I hope he releases all her music asap. Some new Aaliyah music wouldn't hurt either but I can't with those awful features... Please no more of that thx :overitkbye_britney_annoyed_leave_leaving_goodbye_blue:

Yup I watched the documentary like a week ago or two, don't remember. But it was so well put together, a great watch.

• Love 1

So I found out Barry and Diane haven't talked to each other in 20 years since her funeral. 

She's pissed as They shot More than a woman a week before, the tragic events was to happen, aaliyah performed that track on Jay Leno, what would be her final live performance of her lifetime..

But, Barry being under a distribution deal with Virgin, was forced to shoot Rock the boat as Summer and sensuality go more together. 

So it seems the animosity is one sided as a mother hasn't been able to properly grieve.

Remember Diana sued everyone including her own brother in a wrongful death lawsuit for her daughter..

Barry, even said Diane unlike Rashad has never been able to move on from the events and that sadness is a forever anger.  Aaliyah wouldn't like that. 

You mourn, and accept it and move on, not turn it into a grudge like she did. 

4 hours ago, Jefferson Silva said:

she probably would be flopping hard these days if alive but boy this girl had so much potential... she IS missed

I also disagree. She spent so much time perfecting her projects from start to finish. I believe she would have continued innovating the sonic landscape with Timbaland, Missy, and even Pharrell Williams, who were all rising in their own right. She had the astute ability to seek out these underground new comers and effortlessly switch genres with them, which not many artists did at the time. She never stayed in any one lane. In this respect, she was a legend in the making and THE blueprint for so many in the industry that came after her.

I was 10 when she passed away, and I remember clipping the news paper article that featured her death. To this day, I still remember the final quote of the article: "She could have been as big as Madonna." 

• Love 2
On 9/11/2021 at 9:55 AM, boyinthemirror said:

I cringe every time I see him... That man is pure evil but I hope he releases all her music asap. Some new Aaliyah music wouldn't hurt either but I can't with those awful features... Please no more of that thx :overitkbye_britney_annoyed_leave_leaving_goodbye_blue:

Yup I watched the documentary like a week ago or two, don't remember. But it was so well put together, a great watch.

Thank you so so much! I genuinely am so grateful. Also- just praying we don’t get features either. 

Why not get the following for the “new” Aaliyah music. First of all scrap TI, scrap Future (unless ur releasing future as a stand alone single for his record then fine- will be good for hip hop)

Get Kendrick Lamar, ******* legend and a ***** better ******* do that **** right now. Do that duet poetic justice type ****

Get Drake for obvious reasons. Enough said was good. Less drake tho, more Aaliyah. 

Get Kanye for one song not as a feature, but as a producer. He’d do insane stuff for a solo Aaliyah track. Trippy acid rock hip hop. 

And where are the girls? Aaliyahs a girls girl. 

Get Janet, get Sade on the record too. 

Get Missy, get Timbaland 10000%

And most of it should be solo. Drake also owns much of static majors melodies

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block