Britney wins TIME's 2021 TIME100 reader poll!

dfffff

9 hours ago, dfffff said:

Time notes it's ultimately the editor's choice to choose who will grace the cover as well as who makes the official list, which will be announced on Sep. 15

Time magazine has always been used as an outlet to push a certain a narrative/agenda...Britney probably won’t get the cover, just mentioned on the inside :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record: Completely unfair if she WON THE POLL - what’s the point of even having one?! Oh yeah, the illusion of choice...what this country was founded on. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Better not be no “frontline workers” if it’s just healthcare workers on the cover :gunney:

I think it will probably be healthcare workers, because of the pandemic... but like WHO CARES, COVID has been around 2 years now, they had their time to shine!!!!!!!!!!!! Even though I'm a healthcare worker :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

• Haha 9

on one hand i'm happy for her bc it's great recognition for her in general (she's pop culture) and it's great for the #FreeBritney movement, but on another hand, if she wasn't in the cship I feel she wouldn't even have been recognized as a candidate or maybe not won. Since she's won I hope they focus on more than just her cship, like how's a part of pop culture in general and that her music has stood the test of time.

I also wonder how Brit feels about it, but I guess she's cool with it since sam vote for her

Overall, I think she deserves it though

Her situatuon has brought about the discussion of conservatorship abuse. The Spears Act is still on the table. She deserves the top spot.

I can think of other people who deserve to be on the list. The B Army! So many of us have ignited the spark which forced the world to take a look and learn what has been happening. We should continue to be proud of our fan base, especially those at the front of the #FreeBritney campaign.

• Love 1

Britney officially becomes part of the 100 most influential people of 2021 according to TIME magazine: https://time.com/collection/100-most-influential-people-2021/6096086/britney-spears/

Paris Hilton writes in TIME's article:

"When most people think of Britney Spears, they think of Britney the superstar. She’s iconic. A legend. One of the most influential artists in pop-music history.

When I think of Britney Spears, I see the sweetest soul. A mother. A friend. A fighter. A young woman who grew up in the tabloid culture of the 2000s, when the paparazzi machine was accepted, unforgiving and cruel.

Yes, we’ve watched Britney break records and deliver to the world hit after hit. But behind the scenes, she survived more than a decade of trauma and abuse from her conservatorship. In 2021, the battle cries of #FreeBritney roared louder than ever from her global network of devoted fans and a concerned public. Our hearts broke when Britney spoke about her pain.

Despite the darkness that has surrounded her life, Britney embodies joy and shares the light of her beautiful heart, forever the superstar. So we stand by her and root for her as she turns pain into purpose, her unwavering spirit stronger than ever."

:scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on::scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on::scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on::scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on::scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

I believe prince Harry and Megan will be TIME's cover though :rupaulslap_hit_mad:

3 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

Britney officially becomes part of the 100 most influential people of 2021 according to TIME magazine: https://time.com/collection/100-most-influential-people-2021/6096086/britney-spears/

Paris Hilton writes in TIME's article:

"When most people think of Britney Spears, they think of Britney the superstar. She’s iconic. A legend. One of the most influential artists in pop-music history.

When I think of Britney Spears, I see the sweetest soul. A mother. A friend. A fighter. A young woman who grew up in the tabloid culture of the 2000s, when the paparazzi machine was accepted, unforgiving and cruel.

Yes, we’ve watched Britney break records and deliver to the world hit after hit. But behind the scenes, she survived more than a decade of trauma and abuse from her conservatorship. In 2021, the battle cries of #FreeBritney roared louder than ever from her global network of devoted fans and a concerned public. Our hearts broke when Britney spoke about her pain.

Despite the darkness that has surrounded her life, Britney embodies joy and shares the light of her beautiful heart, forever the superstar. So we stand by her and root for her as she turns pain into purpose, her unwavering spirit stronger than ever."

:scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on::scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on::scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on::scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on::scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

I believe prince Harry and Megan will be TIME's cover though :rupaulslap_hit_mad:

Billie Eilish is already on the cover gurl :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: