Rumor: Britney may release an album with songs from the Glory sessions to finish her contract with RCA

Moscow

1 hour ago, e_ffen said:

Why would anyone complain about this? According to the rumor, Britney wants this and it’s a way to relieve her from her contract!

Some re-release wouldn’t kill any momentum she’s has for her next album, don’t worry. This would be a quick release for the fans and a win - win for all (new music for us, coin for RCA, Britney freed from contract). 

I for one hope this is true :shake_excited_pink_bounce_yay_pumped_anxious: Actually, I hope they go all out and do a super deluxe with the new tracks and new remixes featuring Miley, Dua and Tinashe again (think Club FN)! Love Me Down ft. Dua, DYWCO ft. Miley and Tinashe on Better. It can be a glorious 2 disc set with  6-10 new songs and 6-10 remixes. 
:snort_spoon_powder_glasses::melt_weird_drift_wow:

I know this is just a rumor though. One can dream :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad:

I hope not. I hope that it's just a B Side release that Britney has nothing to do with. We don't want to give RCA anymore money.

46 minutes ago, hotasice2007 said:

Didn't she start recording an album (B10) with Justin Tranter as the EP?  Could these songs be from those sessions? I know the album was in the works. If she wants to just use songs previously recorded that's her prerogative but from a marketing standpoint she can really capitalize on lyrical content that reflects her experiences from the last few years. There would be a lot more attention with songs in the vain of "Stronger," "Piece of Me," "Everytime," as opposed to "Make Me." The public wants to hear directly from her and she doesn't owe us anything but if she wants to make a bigger splash, the chance is there. 

Yes B10 was in the works and I suspect originally due for release in early 2019 to coincide with Domination. Matches is supposedly a B10 track and not from the Glory sessions. These tracks could be a mix of Glory/B10 tracks. 180 Degrees is definitely a Glory track because it was register when Man On The Moon and Just Luv Me were prior to the album release. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

In 2016 not too long after Glory was released Britney stated that she had already begun working on a new album.

So, some of these could b10 recordings as well. Maybe she was so happy with Glory that she decided to keep working with the same songwriters.

Also, some of these could be redone like Swimming in the Stars.

However, I truly hope this is a compilation instead of a studio album. Can you imagine the Wikipedia page? 

name - Glorious Glory

released - December 2021

recorded - 2014 - 2018

I hope that don't use the Electric Fantasy promo for album cover 

• Haha 2

To be honest, if its true, im all for it. it would be a bit of a shame that her 10th album is just Glory leftovers and she doesnt do any promo whatsoever but itllk be 'new' music for us which is what im dying for. and if the songs are good ill be happy. she'll probably wont even care how well it does and will just see it as a thank you to her fans, and its better than just releasing another greatest hits album

i hope its true

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

if it's true and it's marketed as such, I think it would be ok, like, making sure this is not a new studio album, but actually like Glory part 2, or just scraps or whatever they want to call it, so it would be a new for Britney's career, and it would stand on its own. Like, it wouldn't be B10, just, something else. 

It can keep her at 9 official albums by replacing BJ 😈

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

To be honest, if its true, im all for it. it would be a bit of a shame that her 10th album is just Glory leftovers and she doesnt do any promo whatsoever but itllk be 'new' music for us which is what im dying for. and if the songs are good ill be happy. she'll probably wont even care how well it does and will just see it as a thank you to her fans, and its better than just releasing another greatest hits album

i hope its true

Honestly Circus - Glory part 2 don't count. Hope they just name it Glory: B Side and get it over with.

"getting a song registered confirms 98% of the song official release"

Guys, a registration doesnt mean the song will be released :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: For example, Robbie WIlliams has +200 unreleased songs registered in ASCAP and some of them are pretty old and were registered not long ago. It doesnt mean anything.

And Britney said very clearly that she doesnt want to work as long as Jamie is in control so I dont see her planning this while nothing has changed in the conservatorship. If there's a new Glory release, I'm sure its 100% Jamie or RCA, NOT Britney. She didnt even promote Matches :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

• Like 3

cant they just do some sort of compilation album to fulfill her contract? id rather her get out of the contract without releasing what the public will think are brand new songs for her "comeback." id much rather her work on something new that she wants to do and is passionate about and can be creative on. All that being said, IF this is what SHE wants then im fine with it.

55 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Yes B10 was in the works and I suspect originally due for release in early 2019 to coincide with Domination. Matches is supposedly a B10 track and not from the Glory sessions. These tracks could be a mix of Glory/B10 tracks. 180 Degrees is definitely a Glory track because it was register when Man On The Moon and Just Luv Me were prior to the album release. 

I was gonna say, 180 Degrees is the only title out of these 'new' song titles listed in the other thread I have seen before, I think it was in PlayboiMommi's long list of every song intended for Britney but I just went to that thread and the list is no longer in the first post.... because PlayboyMommi says they're going to do a new list in the future because the old one is outdated. But I think Britney possibly recorded that song for Glory.

Edited by Isla

If she just wants out she needs to do what K-Pop companies do, drop everything (album+title track+MV) the same day and just forget about it BUT RCA needs to put a lot of money in the only single from the album (MV production-wise). And just move on to be her true self for the first time after this BS.

52 minutes ago, nakedsoldier said:

The reason I dont want this, is because according to this rumor she clearly wants to release new music, but the hype of the #FreeBritney will be wasted on an old recordings album, while the whole world wants her next album to be about her personal experience and expose.

Britney’s music has never been personal though. Even Blackout was super impersonal. I don’t know how to describe it, but as long as Britney connects with the music she’s recording, that’s what makes it personal. There are no tracks on Blackout that are explicitly about what she was going through, but fans consider it to be so personal because if the general vibe of the album and how it connects with her

• Love 2

Depending on how they market and title this “album”, it probably won’t affect her hype. It would affect her hype tho if there were several high profile collabs in there like someone asked lol. Then it could be seen as a comeback.

And not someone in the first page saying RCA is a good label :dead_falling_wig_dying:

4 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

Britney’s music has never been personal though. Even Blackout was super impersonal. I don’t know how to describe it, but as long as Britney connects with the music she’s recording, that’s what makes it personal. There are no tracks on Blackout that are explicitly about what she was going through, but fans consider it to be so personal because if the general vibe of the album and how it connects with her

Make u feel like Kevin 24/7 I’m hot as ice now oh :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

49 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

I disagree, In The Zone was a very personal album. There are quite a few tracks on it not only did she write but are about what she had been going through. 

• Love 4