Rumor: Britney may release an album with songs from the Glory sessions to finish her contract with RCA

Moscow

1 hour ago, ThatWasFun said:

I'm sure there are many clauses that define the structural contract for studio album, eps, compilation albums, etc.

I remember Hilary Duff released two compilation albums early in her career to get out of her record label. Many artists do that so I dont think its an issue? Regardless, Britneys next album has to be good specially with all the hype, she cant release another Britney Jean it could hurt her career.

Another idea is releasing an unreleased songs album like No Dount did, this way people know its not an official new album

• Like 4
44 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Though what I heard is something different, as far as I remember she is still left with 1 or 2 more albums with them. As she now has a new lawyer it looks strategical, no idea I hope the info that I got is somewhat true. 

The rarities album is set to happen and would also fill an album in her

contract 

36 minutes ago, Prachi said:

I agree with you, this is what I heard and I know moving to Columbia won't make much of a difference but in terms of artistic freedom Columbia is regarded much better than RCA! I just came to this after hearing it from the Brand Marketing team thats why I shared. 

We can all agree that Britney might need a new record label, but I also think Britney's comfortable with RCA. I mean they're not pushing her to record anything even when her last studio album was in 2016 and whether we like it or not, it's a company that only wants to make money 

I would have bet they'd be forcing her to return to the studio by now but yet, here we are :typing_keyboard_computer:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Idc much for rumors but hope this one is true. Columbia seems likely because Miley moved there too after finishing her RCA contract. There have a been a bunch of anniversary editions of her other albums so that might explain why this is the last one needed to fulfill the contract.

And to those of you who think RCA isn’t that bad, RCA is horrible at promotion through radio and streaming. Britney was busting her *** at interviews and performances in 2016, but you can only do so much if your label can’t get their **** together. Doja is also on RCA and her hits would have been way bigger if RCA could get them more on radio 

• Like 1

Artists have done far worse to get out of record contracts. I believe Neil Young purposely released an album full of terrible songs (in his mind) just to get out of a record contract. If true, I do believe that there will be little to know promotion of it. It would probably be called the Glory b-sides and that will be that. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The One and Only said:

Meh. Another flop album because of no promotion and no passion from Brit 

Your still worried about her flopping .. shes worried about her freedom. Hmm 🤔… selfish are we . Yeah I think a bit . Sorry care more about the person behind the music please 

• Love 2