Rumor: Britney may release an album with songs from the Glory sessions to finish her contract with RCA

Moscow

32 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Very interesting! If this is her idea and her way to get out of an AWFUL label i'm here for it.

Though what I heard is something different, as far as I remember she is still left with 1 or 2 more albums with them. As she now has a new lawyer it looks strategical, no idea I hope the info that I got is somewhat true. 

• Like 2

Didn't they sabotage her catalogue for long enough?? Let the woman be , I prefer getting no music at all then some money grab trash that sounds really empty and lifeless , she should only release music when she's fit again and want to do it herself......  Otherwise they can keep it 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I wasn’t shading you btw, these type of rumors just always happen with Britney, and none of the music rumors ever turn out to be true. 

I agree, let's see getting info on high profile singers is very difficult because of how classified they are this is what I just could dig up. 

• Like 1

Kidda figured this was the reason . Scraps are fine . She will not promote it. Shes over it . I do not blame her. Shes trying to regain control of her life still. To the people saying she should add a few new songs. Let her be . Do not buy the album then . This will be her eff off RCA and eff off to her controllers  . She stated shes not working . Yet still everyone is happy for new music but shes still not free ! Hmm 🤔 Rather her maybe have a baby and be allowed for once to not live under a microscope. Fans need to respect her wishes as well. I hope no videos are made .  

• Like 4
48 minutes ago, Prachi said:

I had a word with some people in RCA after hearing the registration of her songs on ASCAP it turns out Britney wants to move out of this label and wants to fulfil her contract. As 12 songs have been registered, it's enough for a new album but Britney doesn't want to make another album under the label. She wants to move to Columbian records according to the people I know in this label. All of these songs was around Glory era and Britney was involved 100% as she was for Glory, though getting a song registered confirms 98% of the song official release, Britney is playing very smart and I am sure she wants people to support this project. 

It looks like it is with her full consent. 

Thanks for the useful info. If I recall correctly you work at Sony India. I totally trust you, especially that you said it’s not set in concrete, I understand that it was a conversation not confirmation. 

Did the people you spoke to have an idea for a timeframe? I’m assuming it’d be once the Conservatorship is over, although I really can’t see Britney wanting to promote. I’d love to see her doing her own, fresh stuff IF / WHEN she’s ready to make a return to the business ❤️

• Love 3
  • Like 1
Just now, Z-dawg said:

Thanks for the useful info. If I recall correctly you work at Sony India. I totally trust you, especially that you said it’s not set in concrete, I understand that it was a conversation not confirmation. 

Did the people you spoke to have an idea for a timeframe? I’m assuming it’d be once the Conservatorship is over, although I really can’t see Britney wanting to promote. I’d love to see her doing her own, fresh stuff IF / WHEN she’s ready to make a return to the business ❤️

As far as I remember Britney already started working on B10, maybe these songs are from B10 or maybe from Glory who knows? After hearing the news on these tracks, I tried talking but the problem with Brit is she is a very high profile singer for this label. I do feel Brit won't be promoting anything but as much as we've seen Glory album was like her baby if these songs do come out then I do think she wants fans to support it. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Sorry, I wrote in a hurry :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

You are aware that RCA & Columbia are both owned by Sony Music Group, right? :zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink: So Britney moving from RCA to Columbia won't make much difference

If Britney wants to get rid of her record label contract, I doubt she'll choose to remain under Sony....she'll move to Warner or Universal and that's not going to happen in the near future :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
Just now, Naes614 said:

I think she should just release another greatest hits album with some new songs and be done with RCA. Doesn't that count as an album? 

RCA and Jive always used to do compilation albums, they did with a lot of artists. It's not considered an album until and unless new songs aren't added into those. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, pablitonizer said:

You are aware that RCA & Columbia are both owned by Sony Music Group, right? :zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink: So Britney moving from RCA to Columbia won't make much difference

If Britney wants to get rid of her record label contract, I doubt she'll choose to remain under Sony....she'll move to Warner or Universal and that's not going to happen in the near future :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I agree with you, this is what I heard and I know moving to Columbia won't make much of a difference but in terms of artistic freedom Columbia is regarded much better than RCA! I just came to this after hearing it from the Brand Marketing team thats why I shared. 

• Like 4
59 minutes ago, Frankie8 said:

It can't be another rerelease with totally new songs, because that wouldn't even be Glory. If they add on 12 songs to the original tracklist would that be considered a double album?

It would be a new album, but with Glory leftovers basically. Much like Circus was for Blackout.

9 minutes ago, fays1 said:

This will waste all the hype on an album that doesnt sound good.

Britney should instead release a greatest hits album with some of these unreleased glory songs.

I'm sure there are many clauses that define the structural contract for studio album, eps, compilation albums, etc.

• Like 3