Britney's YouTube numbers

2 hours ago, filmandstage13 said:

They took forever to add it to her VEVO. For a long time you had to watch it from unofficial pages. Like you still have to do for the Overprotected Remix :kellyfall_scream_ahh_falling_dead:

But still should have many more. Some peak dancing there!

yes, not only they took forever to upload it, but then it remained blocked in many countries, including the US.

Same with Someday (I Will Understand). Actually both videos got uploaded in 2011 if I'm not mistaken. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Goten21 said:

Did you confuse it with Piece Of Me? Lol

which is a myth too

I mean, it did have a lot of views for the time, but it didn't reach 100M. This snapshot is from 2008, by 2009 it seems like it had already been taken down. 

pom.png

If I'm not mistaken, the first music video to reach 100M views was Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend, but that was because the fans planned a campaign to get automated views, which got caught by YT, but the real plan was for the news to talk about it, and get people's attention who eventually gave it actual views, and that's how they did it. I was reading about it the other day lol 

Now I know why so many Avril Lavigne videos have so many views despite not being that popular. 

• Like 1

Did anyone noticed that the Toxic views went down since they uploaded the HD version with the bad audio quality? :wontcry_tears_crying_sad: At the same time the „Toxic full choreography“ video by Speed S started to gain millions of views, maybe the YouTube algorithm mistook it for the official video. 

5 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I always wondered why the DarkChild Remix video is not on her official channel... Please don't tell me "because of copyright issues", I HATE that, it's so vague and... stupid, honestly.

I don’t think it’s that. I think they may have just forgotten to upload it.

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

What?? No way. You cannot forget to upload one of her best videos. Impossible. Her team has always been less than stellar but such a thing would be way too incompetent.

I mean you can argue that, but it was a music video for a remixed version of a song, that was only released in one country, vs the music video for the original version of the song that received a wider release. 

9 hours ago, Isla said:

I mean you can argue that, but it was a music video for a remixed version of a song, that was only released in one country, vs the music video for the original version of the song that received a wider release. 

I don't think the remix AND the video were made just for one country, the remix is a totally new reworking of the song, and it's a moderate to big budget video. Also, the remix appears in most editions of her first Greatest Hits compilation instead of the original album version. It was, and still is, a big deal. AND I REPEAT, IT'S ONE OF HER BEST VID-SINGLES EVER. SO they need to upload it to her official channel. Who knows what happened there... But whatever the reason, it's stupid.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I don't think the remix AND the video were made just for one country, the remix is a totally new reworking of the song, and it's a moderate to big budget video. Also, the remix appears in most editions of her first Greatest Hits compilation instead of the original album version. It was, and still is, a big deal. AND I REPEAT, IT'S ONE OF HER BEST VID-SINGLES EVER. SO they need to upload it to her official channel. Who knows what happened there... But whatever the reason, it's stupid.

Oh I do agree it’s one of her best music videos. Adding it to her official channel and unblocking the Do Somethin’ video in my country would be like completing the puzzle :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

• Love 3