Chlöe Bailey’s debut single “Have Mercy” it’s OUT on all platforms and it’s a MUST WATCH

The song is... OK.

The video is obviously a bomb, but also vulgar and so in your face and already done a million times. And she kinda sounds like Normani? And Normani sounds like... whoever. These new artists have the hunger and the potential but they don't have a clear vision of who they are, nor they bring anything original to the table. Like, I watched this super produced video with attention but at the end of it I have no idea who she really is. She looks like a cheap popstar, o an expensive singing ********. It's so sad, because Chloe and Halle are both amazing. There's a reason why Beyoncé is behind them, but at the same time she's managing them only for the shock value.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

The song is... OK.

The video is obviously a bomb, but also vulgar and so in your face and already done a million times. And she kinda sounds like Normani? And Normani sounds like... whoever. These new artists have the hunger and the potential but they don't have a clear vision of who they are, nor they bring anything original to the table. Like, I watched this super produced video with attention but at the end of it I have no idea who she really is. She looks like a cheap popstar, o an expensive singing ********. It's so sad, because Chloe and Halle are both amazing. There's a reason why Beyoncé is behind them, but at the same time she's managing them only for the shock value.

I want her to succeed because there’s not many talented people on the market, especially black girls. The pop scene is so dead to me, there’s literally no one interesting mainstream wise. We need people like Chlöe who can sing, dance, entertain at the same time. Normani to me seems ungrateful. I don’t like her attitude. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

5 minutes ago, Style. said:

I want her to succeed because there’s not many talented people on the market, especially black girls. The pop scene is so dead to me, there’s literally no one interesting mainstream wise. We need people like Chlöe who can sing, dance, entertain at the same time. Normani to me seems ungrateful. I don’t like her attitude. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Yeah of course, I'm obviously not against any of these girls, all the power to them, but everything seems staged and dishonest now... I guess I'm used to something else. Like, I still remember Britney slaying the stage at the 2001 VMAs (just one example of so many from her), and as soon as she finished her performance at the top of those stairs she sat down and laughed and chilled. She always knew she was THAT bi/ch, but she didn't need to rub it on our faces all the time. Instead, these other girls come with a bang in all formats and don't let up, even though we already know that's not completely true or humanly possible or sustainable in time, and sometimes we don't even distinguish one from the other. Like, what's the point? Art should be made by people for people, not by machines for soulless eyes and ears. I guess my point is I can't relate to them.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

Yeah of course, I'm obviously not against any of these girls, all the power to them, but everything seems staged and dishonest now... I guess I'm used to something else. Like, I still remember Britney slaying the stage at the 2001 VMAs (just one example of so many from her), and as soon as she finished her performance at the top of those stairs she sat down and laughed and chilled. She always knew she was THAT bi/ch, but she didn't need to rub it on our faces all the time. Instead, these other girls come with a bang in all formats and don't let up, even though we already know that's not completely true or humanly possible or sustainable in time, and sometimes we don't even distinguish one from the other. Like, what's the point? Art should be made by people for people, not by machines for soulless eyes and ears. I guess my point is I can't relate to them.

I totally get you. Before Britney, Beyonce, Gaga, ect became enigmatic, they really showed off their personalities. Part of stanning any of the top tier pop stars is falling for their personality. No shade cuz I think these two women are extremely vocally talented but Xtina and Demi. Two of the best vocalist in the game and yet continue to flop. Xtina has humbled herself in the last few years but they dont sell because the public doesn't vibe with their personalities. 

Even though Normani came from a solid fanbase of Fifth Harmony, she was never the breakout in the group. So now as a solo artist, the GP needs to know her, but she wont let them in. She's being Beyonce once she released her wedding footage. Beyonce did interviews and let her walls down in the beginning of her solo career. People got to relate and laugh with her. Once she got married it felt like her private life was now off limits to all but by then she had secured a fan base and a discography. I don't follow Chloe, although I do watch her show Grownish, so I can't say that's what she is doing, BUT I feel Normani thinks that she's secured enough GP fans to be some elusive artist now and that's wrong. So when you see her never "crack" that stage persona, it does come off rigid. I am really rooting for Normani cuz I liked 5H and I think shes so talented, but she needs to show more personality and humility; lately she talks in 3rd person so much :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

And I'm not a hater, bought all her music and will buy the debut album. I just think people invest in artists they either see themselves in or feel they can be make believe friends with. Normani hasnt been opening up enough for us to get attached like that.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

I totally get you. Before Britney, Beyonce, Gaga, ect became enigmatic, they really showed off their personalities. Part of stanning any of the top tier pop stars is falling for their personality. No shade cuz I think these two women are extremely vocally talented but Xtina and Demi. Two of the best vocalist in the game and yet continue to flop. Xtina has humbled herself in the last few years but they dont sell because the public doesn't vibe with their personalities. 

Even though Normani came from a solid fanbase of Fifth Harmony, she was never the breakout in the group. So now as a solo artist, the GP needs to know her, but she wont let them in. She's being Beyonce once she released her wedding footage. Beyonce did interviews and let her walls down in the beginning of her solo career. People got to relate and laugh with her. Once she got married it felt like her private life was now off limits to all but by then she had secured a fan base and a discography. I don't follow Chloe, although I do watch her show Grownish, so I can't say that's what she is doing, BUT I feel Normani thinks that she's secured enough GP fans to be some elusive artist now and that's wrong. So when you see her never "crack" that stage persona, it does come off rigid. I am really rooting for Normani cuz I liked 5H and I think shes so talented, but she needs to show more personality and humility; lately she talks in 3rd person so much :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

And I'm not a hater, bought all her music and will buy the debut album. I just think people invest in artists they either see themselves in or feel they can be make believe friends with. Normani hasnt been opening up enough for us to get attached like that.

I agree 100%! Normani and Tinashe both could benefit from showing us  their true personalities. We don’t truly know who either of them are. That’s the issue. But I stan Normani and I’m PRAYING her team announces her album this week after the VMA performance 

• Love 2

Lol I know this song from Tiktok didn’t realize it was her! After hearing it full I do like it and I’ll play it but is it chart topping longevity hit? No I don’t hear it like that. Yea the production and visuals are A1 she looks **** and her voice is beautiful but s** more than anything carries the video. Give me an 8 count chero with a breakdown audio to match. I think they tried to give a baby boy breakdown dance scene moment at one point. But it gave more possessed which I guess goes with story line which I wish they would have developed more and gave more budget to showing she is this mysterious women who turns men into stone? Beyoncé provide them more money so it’s not all booties and humping the floor. Tina Knowles I saw you sliding through judging on the low. Overall I would give it 7/10 and say I’m excited to see it live though see how she brings it as a Solo act because she does carry her own in the video. So it should be a good show at the vmas. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

Bette Davis Yes GIF

• Love 1
On 9/10/2021 at 10:50 AM, Style. said:

I hate Camila for not pushing it way more. She can deliver a fire performance, but I’m tired of the same *** routine. Doja is kinda predictable, too. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

I hope Normani will perform Wild Side and a new song + add Cardi’s verse. Not me exposing me like that! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

I called it. Camila did the same latin infused performance. Its basically her Grammy performance but different song. :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever: i really feel they only booked her to get Shawn (even though his performance was probably the most boring of the night).

I felt Chloe gave a lot of personality in her performance but all her shout outs were still so Beyonce. But i think she did really good for her first solo performance.  Normani was very technical with her dancing. I didnt expect Teyana Taylor to come out. That part could have been more sensual but idk it might get hate for queer baiting in today's climate. 

And poor Chloe had her tampon out the whole time :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block