Young straight girls at gay bars...

Ok. I guess I am getting old. So, I have started going back out to bars with my mancake and I have noticed a new trend of young straight girls at gay bars...even the bars that used to be mostly "bear" bars. Has anyone else noticed this? Also, there are always bachelorette parties at some of the bars too. I mean, I know it used to be common to see a few girls but now it's a bigger majority. 

• Love 2
On 9/16/2021 at 11:45 AM, MadonnaBritneyLove said:

Some of them might be "lipstick lesbians" like I was back in the days. Now I'm a mother and dreaming of the time and energy to bring my wife on a date on a club or bar. Writing this makes me feel so old... My God. It would be good if it was possible to bring our kinds. Whey would tair the place as the little monkeys they are. 

:tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

The thing is they all look so YOUNG! Like high school kids. IDK. I remember being uncomfortable in these spaces at 25 and it makes me uncomfortable seeing 18 year old girls watching gay men dancing in thongs lol 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

The thing is they all look so YOUNG! Like high school kids. IDK. I remember being uncomfortable in these spaces at 25 and it makes me uncomfortable seeing 18 year old girls watching gay men dancing in thongs lol 

I have a theory that some young girls come to those kinds of gay bear clubs because it's like sightseeing. Maybe some are bi-curios, some young lesbians, some straight wanting to go to the "zoo". And when they become a little bit older they either become lesbians or look back to the time they went to a real gay bar. I was a young lesbian that no girls flirted with because they all thought I was straight. They looked really cool, I looked like a nice good looking girl with makeup and long blond hair. That made me so nervous and sad then and now thinking about it. Lebians are often not nice, they absolutely didn't want to talk to a girl like me. So the gay boys became my best friends. It was shocking to see the dancing in thongs - but I looove it! 

Billboard Music Awards Glory GIF by Britney Spears

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, MadonnaBritneyLove said:

I have a theory that some young girls come to those kinds of gay bear clubs because it's like sightseeing. Maybe some are bi-curios, some young lesbians, some straight wanting to go to the "zoo". And when they become a little bit older they either become lesbians or look back to the time they went to a real gay bar. I was a young lesbian that no girls flirted with because they all thought I was straight. They looked really cool, I looked like a nice good looking girl with makeup and long blond hair. That made me so nervous and sad then and now thinking about it. Lebians are often not nice, they absolutely didn't want to talk to a girl like me. So the gay boys became my best friends. It was shocking to see the dancing in thongs - but I looove it! 

Billboard Music Awards Glory GIF by Britney Spears

The thing is, though, it just feels weird being watched by straight people. It's different for lesbians to be there even though I still worry about them being harassed/grabbed

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

The thing is, though, it just feels weird being watched by straight people. It's different for lesbians to be there even though I still worry about them being harassed/grabbed

Yes, I get so irritated of them watching us. If you're going to a gay bar, try to blend in. Don't act like you've on a different planet and now seeing aliens. I asked the straight girls why they were here and if they wanted to be with girls. Just to get rid of the weird feeling I had of what they were doing there. And in Stockholm when I was young there hardly were no lesbian bars or clubs. The gay are partying to much and the lesbian are to boring. To go to gay/lesbian clubs has always made me nervous. That's so strange.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Super Mods

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I’m glad straight women feel comfortable enough to patron a gay bar, and most likely feel safer in doing so. There, they’re not being necessarily harassed or pursued by straight men who, when drunk (or otherwise), don’t have boundaries or can’t take no for an answer. If straight women feel comfortable participating in nightlife via a gay bar for those reasons, then welcome sisters! :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

But on the other hand, I completely understand what you mean. I feel like queer nightlife spaces are dwindling, and queer spaces in general can be hard to access. Also, it’s nice to just have a spot for folks in our community to commiserate without the gaze of straights. So when these spaces are taken up by more and more straight people, it just gets really frustrating. Like in the times I’ve been to a gay bar, I go so I can fully express myself without judgement, to connect with other LGBTQ people, talk about gay things, etc.

And that’s a privilege to say, because LGBTQ nightlife spaces can be very unsafe or unwelcoming to folks within our own community.

Idk it gets complicated… as is life. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 2

I know what you’re talking about and I know the answer from firsthand experience :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

Girls nowadays go to a gay bar for two reasons :

1. Unlike in a regular bar, at a gay bar they aren't harassed by anyone: they aren’t hit on, groped or stared atThey feel comfortable and safe because there isn’t anyone after them. They can relax and just have fun without being annoyed by anyone. 
  2. They like the music (which they can enjoy without worrying). 

3 minutes ago, JayTawndre said:

I had no idea. They don't serve them alcohol tho right ???:disbelief_britney_surprised_shocked_wow:

Yeah no they dont. When I was underage (under 21 but over 18) my friends and I used to get drunk in the parking lot and then go in. Id sometimes have older men give me drinks. Security didnt say anything but its not liké I was flaunting it. But yes, technically they weren't serving teens alcohol.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block