Jump to content

Public Speaking class: What should I talk about regarding her conservatorship for my Public Speaking class?


Recommended Posts

So for my Public Speaking I have to choose a topic for my Informative Speech (must be non-biased as I'm only stating facts, nothing that involves me being emotional and opinionated please :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:) and the required time frame should be from 5-7 minutes long. Therefore I'm not going to be talking about the conservatorship in whole but only an aspect or part of it. Can you guys recommend me what aspect I should talk about of the conservatorship that would fit such time frame?

(Also not sure if this matters but I'm still in high school so there are some parts of the conservatorship that I can dig more into but I'm still fuzzy about certain stuff :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:)

In addition, I do want to be more "biased' though for my persuasive speech, I want the persuasive speech to be why Britney sdeserves to be free.

@Rik Do you think you can recommend an aspect? :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

  • Love 1
Link to comment

I would recommend discussing the vilification of Britney by the media (and inherent misogyny in that/how it would not be acceptable today) and how that (amongst other things) aided to her negative public perception, ultimately playing into the hands of the conservators. 

  • Love 3
Link to comment

Despite her legend statue she was treated like **** by the media & she can't have access to her millions at 39 years old.

You can be trapped in a legal system because you seems "not stable".

Fame is not a goal in life to be happy and live as you want.

We don't live in a fairytale, justice "is" corrupt.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Talk about widespread conservatorship abuse.

Explain the lack of transparency and accountability. Talk about the laws making it real easy for people to take over someone’s life and affairs.

Use Britney as en exemple. Mention that is a public figure of that caliber can be subject to it, what can we expect from the rest of the people. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
43 minutes ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

So for my Public Speaking I have to choose a topic for my Informative Speech (must be non-biased as I'm only stating facts, nothing that involves me being emotional and opinionated please :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:) and the required time frame should be from 5-7 minutes long. Therefore I'm not going to be talking about the conservatorship in whole but only an aspect or part of it. Can you guys recommend me what aspect I should talk about of the conservatorship that would fit such time frame?

(Also not sure if this matters but I'm still in high school so there are some parts of the conservatorship that I can dig more into but I'm still fuzzy about certain stuff :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:)

@Rik Do you think you can recommend an aspect? :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

First of all ONG I can’t believe you tagged me. That is so kind of you and such an honour. I think if you want to be non bias about it you can talk about conservatorships and how they regularly target senior citizens. Use Britney as an example 

talk about how conservatorship law works and how under you you cannot have children without approval, cannot get married, do not have control over your finances. You can talk about how under conservatorships, no one is supposed to be making money off the conservator but in many cases, she has expressed (put emphasis that she alleged this to make it more neutral and not opinionated) that she feels forced to work. 
 

good luck! You’re gonna do amazing

  • Love 1
Link to comment
19 hours ago, Rik said:

First of all ONG I can’t believe you tagged me. That is so kind of you and such an honour. I think if you want to be non bias about it you can talk about conservatorships and how they regularly target senior citizens. Use Britney as an example 

talk about how conservatorship law works and how under you you cannot have children without approval, cannot get married, do not have control over your finances. You can talk about how under conservatorships, no one is supposed to be making money off the conservator but in many cases, she has expressed (put emphasis that she alleged this to make it more neutral and not opinionated) that she feels forced to work. 
 

good luck! You’re gonna do amazing

Thank you!!!! You know how informative speeches are split by main points? I'm thinking of splitting it into 2 or three main points. What do you suggest is an aspect I would be able to split into points and fit into a 5-7 minute speech? I know you just recommended some things but I need help in choosing :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

Link to comment
23 minutes ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

Thank you!!!! You know how informative speeches are split by main points? I'm thinking of splitting it into 2 or three main points. What do you suggest is an aspect I would be able to split into points and fit into a 5-7 minute speech? I know you just recommended some things but I need help in choosing :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:


1. explain what a conservatorship is and how many people in America are under one. Explain what it takes away from people, objectively 

2. talk about the intention behind the conservatorship and the limitations they pose on conservatees

3. talk about Britney Spears being under one since she was 26 years old and the pending court case without ****ting all Over team con because you need to be objective

4. talk about what sorts of changes this case has brought to Congress discussions for other conservator cases, and talk about how one of the acts is very limiting because it jusr allows conservators to choose their own conservators and not their own lawyers.

5. summary and conclusion 

 

Hope this helps and good luck!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
21 hours ago, Brenton said:

I would recommend discussing the vilification of Britney by the media (and inherent misogyny in that/how it would not be acceptable today) and how that (amongst other things) aided to her negative public perception, ultimately playing into the hands of the conservators. 

To add onto this, make sure that you mention some of the more recent misogyny too. This would include the negative reception to her topless photos.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 9/9/2021 at 6:22 PM, Rik said:


1. explain what a conservatorship is and how many people in America are under one. Explain what it takes away from people, objectively 

2. talk about the intention behind the conservatorship and the limitations they pose on conservatees

3. talk about Britney Spears being under one since she was 26 years old and the pending court case without ****ting all Over team con because you need to be objective

4. talk about what sorts of changes this case has brought to Congress discussions for other conservator cases, and talk about how one of the acts is very limiting because it jusr allows conservators to choose their own conservators and not their own lawyers.

5. summary and conclusion 

 

Hope this helps and good luck!

Thank you :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support: I've sent a DM!

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block