Never-before-seen footage from Britney's 2007 VMAs dress rehearsal surfaces

30 minutes ago, Alvy said:

If I remember correctly, the night before the VMAs she was partying hard with Ms. Paris Hilton and P.Diddy; so, maybe she was just hungover next day and that's why in the hat rehearsal (and the actual performance) she looked wasted as f-ck. lmao. This ponytail rehearsal is a day before the party night, I think.

But other than that, the performance as a whole is a really "IDGAFF" moment, and the whole world wasn't ready for that, including myself 💀

This is what I think as well. Lutfi was her manager and he had no idea that Britney performances aren't just "winged" so she did what all her peers were doing which is something she had never done before. 

Ok so she looks GORGEOUS (the ponytail would have been great ! ) 

Ok can we talk about the drums... :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:...they're basicaly like the cat in the music video, no one knew they were supposed to be there but they were ! :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Also I still have the same opinion about this, the choreography is fantastic and the whole visual is great, problem is they let her stand there without doing nothing way too much, I always felft that way about that performance (like for exemple during the first chorus give her a pole so she can have something to do and add fireworks in the background !!!) there was something missing in the production since day one (and the now iconic drums wouldn't have changed anything).

Also thoses last minute costume changes rumors.....:zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink:

No matter what people say, I REALLY love this performance, I love the visuals and its general style. 

I'm very glad we have this now.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, runpiggierun said:

So the magic show was never a thing :clownery_makeup_meme:

And the broken heel was never the problem that caused her bad dancing, it was already bad here while her heels were intact :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I think it was the plan from the start to have some magical elements. Criss Angel even said he was apart of it at the time.

But she was partying a lot back then and didn't give AF about this performance. I think personally, she hooked up with Criss Angel at the time and he got upset after or something, which caused him to drop out last minute. So they had to rush and make this kind of weak performance idea happen. You can tell it's rushed.. the concept, the choreo, the whole thing in general is not really a "britney spears" performance. 

She's known for her performances. And I believe that's why the magical element was a part of it, because she didn't want to do a lot of rehearsal and dance numbers.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, runpiggierun said:

So the magic show was never a thing :clownery_makeup_meme:

And the broken heel was never the problem that caused her bad dancing, it was already bad here while her heels were intact :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I don’t think we know for sure about the magic show. That could have abruptly ended a week before the vmas and they had to throw something together in three days. Does anyone know how long Brit was in Vegas for before the vmas? 

2 hours ago, Slayer said:

YES QUEEN

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611accc349a0faca7bee5

My god what a gem. 😍

2 hours ago, britneyqueenn said:

She didn't give a **** about the choreo,but she was more confident,swag, attitude on point and her face was gorgeous ... ponytail was a better choice..and she looked more fit and I don't know how is that possible cause the rehearsals happened just a few hours before the actual show

I think there were multiple days of rehearsal.