Never-before-seen footage from Britney's 2007 VMAs dress rehearsal surfaces

12 hours ago, Matou said:

For those who didn't know, here is the "original" choreo :

I wish Britney executed 1:53, 2:06 & 2:52 well.

Sarah Silverman speaks about what she said about Britney before Britney's performance.

According to entertainment show "Extra," reports speculate that Spears' original act, inspired by illusionist Criss Angel, was nixed by MTV before the show.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=3582432

I don't think we will know the true story here, was is cancelled by MTV ? Chris ? Britney ?

As we can see Britney is not really prepared, this seems rushed but imo she did great in rehearsals.

Hmm... Good point. I would guess that, for whatever reason it was canceled, Britney was pissed, and DID NOT want to perform if it wasn't the original concept. Someone above was talking bout her handlers and it's probably true -- instead of just canceling the whole thing they convinced her it'd be better to still perform rather than cancel, and they didn't care if it wasn't going to be her best. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Matou said:

For those who didn't know, here is the "original" choreo :

I wish Britney executed 1:53, 2:06 & 2:52 well.

Sarah Silverman speaks about what she said about Britney before Britney's performance.

According to entertainment show "Extra," reports speculate that Spears' original act, inspired by illusionist Criss Angel, was nixed by MTV before the show.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=3582432

I don't think we will know the true story here, was is cancelled by MTV ? Chris ? Britney ?

As we can see Britney is not really prepared, this seems rushed but imo she did great in rehearsals.

This choreography is flawless, Imagine surviving the worst moment of your life and still deliver such an iconic performance:shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

Looking at this rehearsal, especially when it starts with the close up of her face - it is almost identical to the final performance. The way she looks at the camera, it is almost like she is acting that she is nervous and insecure. It makes me think that she performed exactly what she was supposed to and what the performance was designed to be. Don't forget that she has lots of formal acting training.

2 minutes ago, BritneyLVR said:

Ponytail version is still the best one :typing_keyboard_computer:

Completely agree! I edited together the parts that I thought were the most high energy, and when those weren't available, the ones that showed Britney the most clearly. Start to finish though, the ponytail one is definitely the best overall. 

• 2 weeks later...