Never-before-seen footage from Britney's 2007 VMAs dress rehearsal surfaces

I have been an avid fan of this performance since 2007, but I'll say it again.... THIS WAS NOT A BAD PERFORMANCE. 

The rehearsal looks even better than the actual show. It just goes to show those rumors were true about her team trying to force different hair and style. You can see the anxiety on her face in the actual performance, but here in rehearsal, she looks FANTASTIC. 

I'll never forget the 'For the Record' interview in the car, where she states it wasn't a "bad" performance, it just wasn't her best. In my opinion, I'll place this right up there with some of her best. The entire theme of that VMA's show, placed in Vegas, was a party. Britney showed up and turned the stage into a Vegas club. 

The only reason this performance was dogged so bad was because the press was (and essentially still is) run by a bunch of misogynistic *********. Her body (though not a size 'zero') was not bad here at all. She looked stunning. 90% of the bull**** that was circulated in the press following this was a bunch of jabs at her weight. I'm sure it's obvious by now, but I'm still FURIOUS about it all these years later. 

LOVED this performance. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, SonOfSun said:

It's a shame how MTV made her look bigger in the final performance by changing some camera angles and filming her from lowerpoint of view, and also really stretching the final screen/lens wider.

The rehearsal is much better, she looks better, and the facial expressions are on point. She has so much attitude !

Angles in the live are fully unflattering. Thanks for sharing the side by side. She also just looks less focused in the live version. We have classic Britney expressions and attitude during the dress rehearsal and then she loses that spark during the show. I'll always wonder what really happened that day. Maybe just nerves since she hadn't performed in a while and the pressure was on?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, SonOfSun said:

It's a shame how MTV made her look bigger in the final performance by changing some camera angles and filming her from lowerpoint of view, and also really stretching the final screen/lens wider.

The rehearsal is much better, she looks better, and the facial expressions are on point. She has so much attitude !

I wonder why she just looks and smiles at the camera at the end of the performance instead of what she did in the rehearsal. She was definitely trolling us. I feel like that was her version of this gif we-got-you-weinstein.gif