Never-before-seen footage from Britney's 2007 VMAs dress rehearsal surfaces

2 hours ago, Dreamer26 said:

Obviously they planned cship long time ago and her own team worked against her. They knew that Vmas big opportunity for them to show how Britney in bad place. This was just the beginning. They drugged her to death before performance and sabotaged her. They wanted to manipulate people through the media. It was very effective and successful. 

I don't think any of us would be surprised if Britney tells something like this happened.  But also she was really nervous because of media.

I dont think it was a bad performance, she just didnt feel like doing it so she just showed up (like that selena gomez performance).  If she had slayed in choreo, she would still be criticized about playback or her body or whatever..

ps. internet is all about body positivity nowadays except when its about britney's 2007 body. shame on you guys. 

She looked so good here.

I still can't believe ppl called her fat. Not just fat they called her whale back then. When she was literally more fir then 50% of world population.

And for what few unflattering angles and due to a fact she didn't have her pre baby abs.

I think this is her natural weight and body (no insane dieting/fitness regime) she looks similar to this today.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SonOfSun said:

It's a shame how MTV made her look bigger in the final performance by changing some camera angles and filming her from lowerpoint of view, and also really stretching the final screen/lens wider.

The rehearsal is much better, she looks better, and the facial expressions are on point. She has so much attitude !

MTV did her sooo dirty by making her look wider & throwing in those “unenthusiastic” celeb reactions.

• Love 3

Only because the beginnig and the final this is better, the extensions are better, and the hairstyle its suit more, also looks slimmer, maybe because the ponytail? and the angles. The angles are better, and some moves with more actitud, this is the best of the 3 versions obviusly.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I have been an avid fan of this performance since 2007, but I'll say it again.... THIS WAS NOT A BAD PERFORMANCE. 

The rehearsal looks even better than the actual show. It just goes to show those rumors were true about her team trying to force different hair and style. You can see the anxiety on her face in the actual performance, but here in rehearsal, she looks FANTASTIC. 

I'll never forget the 'For the Record' interview in the car, where she states it wasn't a "bad" performance, it just wasn't her best. In my opinion, I'll place this right up there with some of her best. The entire theme of that VMA's show, placed in Vegas, was a party. Britney showed up and turned the stage into a Vegas club. 

The only reason this performance was dogged so bad was because the press was (and essentially still is) run by a bunch of misogynistic *********. Her body (though not a size 'zero') was not bad here at all. She looked stunning. 90% of the bull**** that was circulated in the press following this was a bunch of jabs at her weight. I'm sure it's obvious by now, but I'm still FURIOUS about it all these years later. 

LOVED this performance. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, SonOfSun said:

It's a shame how MTV made her look bigger in the final performance by changing some camera angles and filming her from lowerpoint of view, and also really stretching the final screen/lens wider.

The rehearsal is much better, she looks better, and the facial expressions are on point. She has so much attitude !

Angles in the live are fully unflattering. Thanks for sharing the side by side. She also just looks less focused in the live version. We have classic Britney expressions and attitude during the dress rehearsal and then she loses that spark during the show. I'll always wonder what really happened that day. Maybe just nerves since she hadn't performed in a while and the pressure was on?

• Like 1