Never-before-seen footage from Britney's 2007 VMAs dress rehearsal surfaces

I love her down and she was the one that inspired me to pursue dancing professionally, but there's slightly more energy in the rehearsals, but for the most part both the rehearsal and final performance are not what Britney used to give or has given ( I look at the uncut version of the 3 video or certain circus performances and she would be full out)  I dont think she was in the headspace to deliver like she could and two the way you practice is usually going to be the way you perform.  

• Love 2

Britney is giving more energy and hitting the moves more than Dua has in her whole Future Nostalgia era haha.

Dua Lipa GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

TBH the only thing wrong with this performance is that the choreo is primarily trash, apart from some good sections here or there. She looks hot, her body is amazing, he hair is hot like this (minus seeing tracks). 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Ok she looks absolutely gorgeous.

But cmon guys, she had less energy here than most of the femme fatale tour. You can see the sadness in her eyes and she clearly doesn’t want to be there.

I honestly can’t believe her team saw this rehearsal and still let her go on stage the next day. They clearly didn’t have her best interests at heart.

• Love 4
  • Like 2
23 minutes ago, cillaward said:

Ok she looks absolutely gorgeous.

But cmon guys, she had less energy here than most of the femme fatale tour. You can see the sadness in her eyes and she clearly doesn’t want to be there.

I honestly can’t believe her team saw this rehearsal and still let her go on stage the next day. They clearly didn’t have her best interests at heart.

Are we watching the same rehearsal, she's having fun onstage and serving attitude, I'm living for that ponytail whip at 'Oww' 

5 minutes ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

So it was just a rumour that she was actually supposed to wear something else and changed her mind to this, “seconds” before performing for the real audience :xcuseme_mad_say_what_hmm_confused:.

I’m surprised so many people still believe this. This was confirmed as false a couple years ago by her stylist or someone if I’m not mistaken. I’m still unsure about the hair situation. Supposedly her hair stylist quit and they had to bring in Nelly Furtado’s(?) stylist who hastily put those extensions together, but the other rehearsal video has hair that looks just like the hair from the actual night. 

her extensions in this new vid are still noticeable, but her overall look is much better. At the end of the day, I think this performance was doomed no matter what. No one was rooting for this performance. MTV knew this. They knew it was going to get views and would be deemed a train wreck no matter what. Britney seemed to know night of that she was being set up for failure. Also….this choreography just isn’t it. She hits all the moves, yes, but the choreography itself is just so boring. The fact she looks so disengaged in the actual performance makes it ten times worse.

Hair I was talking about earlier:

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Jefferson Silva said:

theres another rehearsal version where shes got the ponytail but its all straight not curled I saw once a 0.01 sec clip lmaao on the internet

side note: who waited 14 yrs to leak this? looool

side note 2: how could kevin cheat on her? damnnn she was fine af here better than any of the **** stars he would chase in vegas in 2007

I think there are two more? One with Jeans, tank, hat and short hair? And then another with straight ponytail? 

I still blame the outfit. It would not be a good idea even for the prime-iest of Primeney. The hair didn't help either and as others have stated, even the messy ponytail makes a huge difference. Had it not been for the outfit, the performance would still have been lacklustre, but it would be way more forgettable.

I don't get who thought it was a good idea and of all the things that 'just did not work' and had to be scrapped last minute, it was not that outfit... 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Alex Murr said:

She has more energy because she had less pressure at the moment, and the ponytail (though you can tell she did it at the last minute) makes the difference, she doesn't look thinner, she looks the same, some angles make the difference. And the choreography was amazing but in the 3 videos we got it was poorly executed.

Primeney would have killed this with no problem: 

The original Choreography:

Imagine Britney dancing just like the dancer with a great outfit and with a professionally done ponytail.:pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped:

I'm sorry she was just posing a lot and making random thrusts. Some aspects could have been kept, but this was not the performance for her.

1 hour ago, MrTrouble said:

I still blame the outfit. It would not be a good idea even for the prime-iest of Primeney. The hair didn't help either and as others have stated, even the messy ponytail makes a huge difference. Had it not been for the outfit, the performance would still have been lacklustre, but it would be way more forgettable.

I don't get who thought it was a good idea and of all the things that 'just did not work' and had to be scrapped last minute, it was not that outfit... 

The outfit was good, but the camera angle that was pointing up towards her made her look like she had a belly. Whoever directer that show should never work again. The camera should have been strait ahead of her or slightly above her like with normal televised performances.

• Like 1