This Day in Pop: Kylie Minogue releases 'Can't Get You Out of My Head' single in 2001 (September 8)

ab67616d0000b273fe830dce7089bd55d489050c

On September 8, 2001, Kylie Minogue released Can't Get You Out of My Head, the lead single off her eighth studio album Fever, released a month later. The song was written and produced by Cathy Dennis and Rob Davis. The song went #1 in 40 countries, but it peaked at #7 in the US Billboard Hot 100, and it's sold over 5 million copies around the world as of 2018.

The track had been originally offered to S Club 7 and Sophie Ellis-Bextor, who passed on it, until Kylie's A&R heard it and booked it for her. 

An iconic music video was directed by  Dawn Shadforth and choreographed by Michael Rooney, winning Best Choreography at the VMA's in 2002. 

• Love 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block