Creative team of I'm A Slave 4 U performance quoted it was Britney's Idea.

Moscow

Some people say Aaliyah was supposed to perform We Need a Resolution that year and with snakes too, but she died like a week and a half before the VMAs aired. How true is that? Does anyone know or was old enough when this happened?

Some say she was just going to be a host, some others say she was going to perform as well, It’s so confusing. Many say Britney copied her or the snake was a tribute to her.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, boyinthemirror said:

Some people say Aaliyah was supposed to perform We Need a Resolution that year and with snakes too, but she died like a week and a half before the VMAs aired. How true is that?

Some say she was just going to be a host, some others say she was going to perform as well, It’s so confusing.

Aaliyah was never confirmed as a performer however she was confirmed to present an award. 

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a3592/mtv-vmas-opening-act-performers-announced/

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, boyinthemirror said:

Some people say Aaliyah was supposed to perform We Need a Resolution that year and with snakes too, but she died like a week and a half before the VMAs aired. How true is that?

Some say she was just going to be a host, some others say she was going to perform as well, It’s so confusing.

Never confirmed. Aaliyah fans say this but Blackground notoriously avoided booking Aaliyah for things and even cheaped out on her PLANE. the previous year she was going back and forth a lot due to  RomeoMust Die’s promotion.  I would die to see the 2000 or 2001 VMA after party. 

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a3592/mtv-vmas-opening-act-performers-announced/

August 8th 2001.

Through mtvnews.com, starting on August 28th, viewers will get a chance to guess who did what remix and they will find out the correct pairings during Opening Act.

Jennifer Lopez, Alicia Keys, Britney Spears, U2, Ja Rule, Staind, and Missy Elliott will perform at the eighteenth annual MTV Video Music Awards. 

Aaliyah, Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Jimmy Fallon, Macy Gray, Will Ferrell, Jewel, Nelly, Shaquille O'Neal, Shakira, Mark Wahlberg, and Christopher Walken will be among those who will present at this year's Video Music Awards. Jamie Foxx is set to host the 2001 MTV Video Music Awards.

She was never scheduled to perform, however she did use snakes in her We Need a Resolution video prior to the slave 4 u performance. 

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, rennen said:

Aaliyah was never confirmed as a performer however she was confirmed to present an award. 

5 minutes ago, Rik said:

Never confirmed. Aaliyah fans say this but Blackground notoriously avoided booking Aaliyah for things and even cheaped out on her PLANE. the previous year she was going back and forth a lot due to  RomeoMust Die’s promotion.  I would die to see the 2000 or 2001 VMA after party. 

August 8th 2001.

Through mtvnews.com, starting on August 28th, viewers will get a chance to guess who did what remix and they will find out the correct pairings during Opening Act.

Jennifer Lopez, Alicia Keys, Britney Spears, U2, Ja Rule, Staind, and Missy Elliott will perform at the eighteenth annual MTV Video Music Awards. 

Aaliyah, Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Jimmy Fallon, Macy Gray, Will Ferrell, Jewel, Nelly, Shaquille O'Neal, Shakira, Mark Wahlberg, and Christopher Walken will be among those who will present at this year's Video Music Awards. Jamie Foxx is set to host the 2001 MTV Video Music Awards.

She was never scheduled to perform, however she did use snakes in her We Need a Resolution video prior to the slave 4 u performance. 

Blackground was cheap af!! But the fact it was never confirmed doesn’t mean that it wasn’t going to happen, so I guess we’ll never know. Also big thank you for this vid!! Never saw it, and it’s nice what she said and how Blink-182 was her favourite performance, I would have never expected that lol! Another fun fact is that Aaliyah and Brit met a few times and liked each other, how I wish we had pics of that!! :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

• Love 3
1 hour ago, boyinthemirror said:

Some people say Aaliyah was supposed to perform We Need a Resolution that year and with snakes too, but she died like a week and a half before the VMAs aired. How true is that? Does anyone know or was old enough when this happened?

Some say she was just going to be a host, some others say she was going to perform as well, It’s so confusing. Many say Britney copied her or the snake was a tribute to her.

I’ve been a Britney Stan since day one and was a junior in HS when Aaliyah died. I’ve never heard this one. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, boyinthemirror said:

I just had an argument with some Aaliyah Stan about this yesterday, who is still sending me messages saying how the whole Britney VMA’s snake was like a homage to Aaliyah. I can’t. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

E9NPCTiWYAMv7bG.thumb.jpg.9deaf863971026

• Haha 3