Brave New Girl* fits in with In The Zone and you’ll all deal

rik

41 minutes ago, hernameis said:

Also is it just me or does the instrumental feel born this was-ish (the song)? 

wait whaaaaaaaat u say?

dog-confused.gif

I just checked both instrumentals and both (kinda) fit with each other. But that would be funny because while everyone accused LG of copying Madge´s Express Yourself it was Britney who felt "inpired" first 

Random but today I was using the WayBack Machine to see if I could find the ITZ tracklist that included Sacred and I found an article on WOB where they interviewed the African American guy Brit was rumored to be dating and he said "Outrageous" was Jive's pick for first single and then Britney felt unhappy about that so she asked Madonna to jump on MATM so that would become the 1st single. He also said "Boom Boom" was getting music video storyboards to be the 2nd single at the time. Interesting. 

On 9/6/2021 at 3:31 PM, jordeezy said:

Random but today I was using the WayBack Machine to see if I could find the ITZ tracklist that included Sacred and I found an article on WOB where they interviewed the African American guy Brit was rumored to be dating and he said "Outrageous" was Jive's pick for first single and then Britney felt unhappy about that so she asked Madonna to jump on MATM so that would become the 1st single. He also said "Boom Boom" was getting music video storyboards to be the 2nd single at the time. Interesting. 

I believe Britney was in fact being set to put out a more hip hop oriented record nevertheless, but JIVE really wanted to push for outrageous and boom boom thinking it would have similar success to Boys (which I don’t understand because it wasn’t even the biggest song from The Britney album) 

I love in the zone and would love to hear Sacred?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rik said:

I believe Britney was in fact being set to put out a more hip hop oriented record nevertheless, but JIVE really wanted to push for outrageous and boom boom thinking it would have similar success to Boys (which I don’t understand because it wasn’t even the biggest song from The Britney album) 

I love in the zone and would love to hear Sacred?

I still stan Boom Boom lol It was my early fav on ITZ 

6 minutes ago, lali92 said:

:nonono_britney_nope_head_shake::nonono_britney_nope_head_shake::nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:

It was cringe even then. And I was 11. It's too nothing. Generic, childish bubblegum. Everything which ITZ is not. Stop trying to make BNG happen.

Fetch Mean Girls GIF

:tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan: I used to think the same thing till I bought the vinyl :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan: deal with it :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

Btw

Spoiler

:tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

First of all, Brave new girl is a ******* BOP and I'm tired of people acting like it's not. :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Second of all, I agree with OP, the song fits perfectly in ITZ both thematically and production-wise. I always see two arguments against it; it's "dated" (as in it should have been released in Britney instead) and/or it's too happy sappy song for ITZ which is **** and sultry and "real".

For the first argument I have to say that Brave new girl was not dated at the time of ITZ, it just combined classic 80s and 90s clichés with experimental elements. If you actually take time to listen the song you can hear how it has elements of PC music (which became popular years and years later after the song was released, truly inspirational queen:barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:). Unlike Anticipating which is just pure 80s bliss, BNG feels like journey from 80s to 2010s.

Thematically the song fits in the album IMO because it's about trying to forget the past (lovers or mistakes) by being reckless. The vocoder effects adds to the theme IMO as it gives the song feeling of almost fake happiness. The fact that the track is placed between Shadow and Everytime kinda proves the true meaning, as it's like the part in break up when you're completely in denial and try to ignore it by going out and being a mess :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Or maybe I'm reading too much into its reading :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: But the song is still awesome :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:. Do I think there's some demos that are better than BNG? Yes, but those should have been released in 2 disc deluxe edition. ITZ is awesome as it is. :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

• Like 1