So Christina Can Post Topless Photos But Not Britney?

Kletus
Message added by Slayer,

Please keep comments respectful.

People should be allowed to post what they want on Instagram, Britney included. I don’t see how a few topless photos will make any difference to her situation imo. Britney posed topless before the c-ship ya know, she has ALWAYS felt s£xually liberated like a lot of women do.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I want the conservatorship to end, of course so Britney can be free and happy and gain back control of her life, but I'm also desperate to see all the people that complain now about her posts "because they're gonna be used against her" when the conservatorship is over and she keeps posting the same kind of stuff. Then they're gonna be "as a fan I still have the right to complain when I don't like something".

Y'all are saying it yourselves, they'll use anything against her, it doesn't matter if it's a topless picture, or a picture where she's covered from head to toe, or a 1000 lines caption, or a single emoji, which is more, they've already used stuff that isn't even real, like the dementia claims or God knows what else, so it really lacks any reasoning to be so upset about what she posts on Instagram, because it's not gonna change anything. Even if the account was deleted, they would still find arguments to keep fighting, no matter what.

Instead of supporting her, or whoever is posting for her, and change the narrative and be ready to use the #freebritney movement to attack them the moment they even try to use any post against her in the case (which tbh would be very ridiculous and laughable), y'all decide to play along with Team Con's game, because in the bottom, all of those that complain it's simply because they don't like it, they don't think it's correct that their fave posts low quality pictures and videos being topless, and should just be honest about it and stop using the "legal battle" excuse.

She's been in a conservatorship since 2008, she's done the Womanizer video, Criminal, Make Me..., she's cursed on her songs, has worn very provocative outfits onstage, and all of that was ok, but somehow team con is gonna come now and use her Instagram posts to deem her incompetent, when that doesn't even have any logic.

I'm from the camp who doesn't believe Britney's in control of her IG. I mean, obviously she provides some material, so she has some kind of input, but since she does not post directly, it leaves open the possibility for team con to censor her and/or edit her captions/videos... And I will never believe that they don't use her IG for their own agenda, as it is a very powerful tool for pushing needed narrative forward. Moreover, legally, they will not violate anything by doing it. And her Instagram belongs to BRITNEY BRANDS, which has her father as the boss.

But despite the fact that I have great doubts that Britney's in control of her social networks, it still infuriates me when people is like " just look at her instagram, something must be wrong with her"... cuz, regardless of who posts on her IG, I truly don't see there something that can be really considered even remotely unhinged/alarming. I may not like or agree with some of the posts on her IG, but to find it unhinged? No, not at all.  So I agree with you that it would be great to change the narrative around her IG and be ready to use the #freebritney movement to attack anyone the moment they even try to use any post against her, but I don think it's really possible cuz we are too heterogeneous.

Also, sadly, a lot of people do not know how to think for themselves, so it is easy to put other people's thoughts in their heads. And her Instagram does not work separately, it works in conjunction with ****ty media that helps to put certain thoughts in people's heads to push specific narrative.

E905O1tUcAIkfTi?format=jpg&name=large

• Love 3
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, The One and Only said:

You typing ''FREE BRITNEY!!!'' at the end of your every post:

Love ya girl, keep going :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

LOL! I’m not a girl (not yet a woman) though :) 

I feel like no matter what are we talking about in this forum we need to remind that she’s still in an abusive situation and that she’s been living like the main character of a horror movie since 2008! So, you know:

FREE BRITNEY!!!

:kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

• Love 4

Maybe it is a cultural thing but i don't find topless pictures offensive at all or I see any problems with it. There are many women topless at the beach in spain/france, in germany you are naked at the spa's swimming pool etc.

It doesn't matter if Britney is in a conservatorship or not, if she wants to be creative that way, i support her.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

It’s clearly about the execution of these photos/posts. How do you not see that? Britney, through the lens of her Instagram, looks unstable. Quit trying to act like everyone has a double standard against Britney. You’re either blind or not paying attention if you can’t figure this out yourself.

• Love 4

I think if Britney’s pics were more professional-looking, like Xtina’s and the Kardashians’, and not like she took her top off and and asked someone to take a pic with their phone people wouldn’t get as butthurt.  Either way, we know Britney is limited to what technology she has available to her so it’s not her fault…she’s living her best life given her circumstances.

• Love 2
  • Like 3
19 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I want the conservatorship to end, of course so Britney can be free and happy and gain back control of her life, but I'm also desperate to see all the people that complain now about her posts "because they're gonna be used against her" when the conservatorship is over and she keeps posting the same kind of stuff. Then they're gonna be "as a fan I still have the right to complain when I don't like something".

Y'all are saying it yourselves, they'll use anything against her, it doesn't matter if it's a topless picture, or a picture where she's covered from head to toe, or a 1000 lines caption, or a single emoji, which is more, they've already used stuff that isn't even real, like the dementia claims or God knows what else, so it really lacks any reasoning to be so upset about what she posts on Instagram, because it's not gonna change anything. Even if the account was deleted, they would still find arguments to keep fighting, no matter what.

Instead of supporting her, or whoever is posting for her, and change the narrative and be ready to use the #freebritney movement to attack them the moment they even try to use any post against her in the case (which tbh would be very ridiculous and laughable), y'all decide to play along with Team Con's game, because in the bottom, all of those that complain it's simply because they don't like it, they don't think it's correct that their fave posts low quality pictures and videos being topless, and should just be honest about it and stop using the "legal battle" excuse.

She's been in a conservatorship since 2008, she's done the Womanizer video, Criminal, Make Me..., she's cursed on her songs, has worn very provocative outfits onstage, and all of that was ok, but somehow team con is gonna come now and use her Instagram posts to deem her incompetent, when that doesn't even have any logic.

Destroy them, Pikachu! :katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:

22 hours ago, Slayer said:

It's pretty silly to think instagram would hold weight in court :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

You guys seriously don't know what you're talking about, I work in the legal field and this would definitely not hold any weight.

I’m sure the same was said back when paparazzi were snapping her wildin’ out back in 2006/2007, but it was all used to establish how unwell she was and needed the c-ship. Social media is definitely used in court cases. Literally anything someone can get their hands on to construct a narrative is. 

• Love 1

I disagree with you OP, mostly because she looks very sad in those videos of her taking her shirt off, she looks like she is going to cry, several of my friends have said the same thing. Those pics are in no way recent, if she controls her ig that’s still up for debate…and that’s just my honest opinion, I see a hurt human being, not a crazy person 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, brintyjoan said:

Xtinas pics are professionaly taken and she doesnt look drugged up. That's the difference for me. 

Christina has freedom and the ability to have a professional take her photos. Britney needs Daddy to agree and then many need to sign papers . Britney has no choice in being medicated. Shes forced. If she tell her handlers no.. then she is being difficult. She’s treated like a child . If Christina’s photos were taken exactly like Britneys.. people would not make as big of a deal. Since Britney is labeled as unstable and mentally ill.. Britney is judged far worse. Its kinda unfair to judge Britney  . Shes been controlled for 13 years . Her anger is justified. Imagine having an IUD and no rights . I think taking some covered up provocative poses are the least of her concerns . People will think its the wrong time. Yet shes showing her strength. Its her choice and she looks beautiful. 

6 hours ago, radar22 said:

It’s clearly about the execution of these photos/posts. How do you not see that? Britney, through the lens of her Instagram, looks unstable. Quit trying to act like everyone has a double standard against Britney. You’re either blind or not paying attention if you can’t figure this out yourself.

Shes forced meds. You try being forced meds… They do effect your actions. Forced meds  . Yet your allowed to go seek help and decide weather to take these meds . You have free will.  Keep judging her. You lack empathy and compassion. Judge away . Try living in her shoes. Shes a caged rat . Yet wait .. you can do as you wish . Good for you. Get your head out of your ***. 

The title of this thread...

Gawwwd, everyone in the whole wide world earth has pitted these two against each other since 1789.  

It's not her against her. 

Let it gooooooooooo already

*Edit: Christina is 🔥

Britney is 🔥

And #freebritney

• Love 2
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, NoWorries said:

Shes forced meds. You try being forced meds… They do effect your actions. Forced meds  . Yet your allowed to go seek help and decide weather to take these meds . You have free will.  Keep judging her. You lack empathy and compassion. Judge away . Try living in her shoes. Shes a caged rat . Yet wait .. you can do as you wish . Good for you. Get your head out of your ***. 

Shut up you imbecile. You speak as if you know what medication she’s on. I agree, despite my own despise at siding with someone with a hamster brain such as yours, that Britney is likely taking, and has likely been taking, medication she never should have been prescribed. The question posed by this thread, however, is not one of Britney’s medical diagnosis, nor her subsequent treatment… the question is, why do fans hate on Britney for posting risqué photos that other female celebrities get away with. Now we all know Jordan and team heavily **** with mainstream media trends, so I get the trigger finger desire to lash out at the “patriarchy” in order to please the internet equivalent lab rats in their pursuit of “liberal truth”… lol at that oxymoron. But facts are facts, and your version of them don’t do Britney’s any good, so maybe keep your mouth shut, fingers still, and remain quiet until this whole thing unfolds on its own. I promise you, you aren’t doing Britney any favors by “advocating” for her. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

There has always been a double standard with Britney and a Xtina. I think because Britney is more publicly popular she is judged a lot more Meticulously… the difference between Britney’s topless pic and xtinas is Britney’s photo is real AF she’s not photoshopping her pics and doesn’t care about trying to please anyone… xtinas is highly photoshopped and has professional lighting… so if u compare the two photos Britney’s is going to be judged more because in the Instagram culture people are so programmed for perfection…. Looking at both photos I feel Like Britney’s photo resonates with me because it’s real and the idgaf attitude…