Hilary Duff - With Love (Good Morning America Performance) Appreciation Thread

BUWYGF

I think a lot of people are forgetting the context. I think as an adult it's really hard and awkward performing for a bunch of screaming children who have no idea or experience about the lyrics you're singing😂 I think for this reason she seemed so unbothered/lackluster. I think she did much better in the other performances because her audience was more mature. If you remember, she was trying her best to have a more adult image at this time. It's generally hard for child performers to transition bc sooo many of their audience is still children. As an entertainer it kind of makes them feel a bit silly (hard to think of the exact word)  when they're trying to feel more adult. I feel like Selena Gomez used to have the same problem. She seemed so uninterested in so many of her performances but then again she did have a lot of other things going on.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block