This Day in Pop: Britney performs at the NFL Kickoff concert in 2003 (September 04)

Those were the days, she was everywhere people hated her people loved her but she was everywhere it was such a great time to be a fan, Normani - Clara - Tinashe all are fantastic performers with technicality but Brit is something else when she loved to perform she was only competing with herself. I love this performance of hers a lot! She's so cute :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

• Love 6

It's a cute little performance. A little awkward at the stripping her clothes off part like why didn't they make it more seamless lol

but truly LOVE this era of Britney where she was really starting to NOT GIVE A FUUU.CK.  She really was everywhere like someone above mentioned and this is when the press/paparazzi really started getting to be too much with her and she was pushing back with her sass.

:fu_britney_flipping_off_finger_mad:

Also I am LIVING for those messy red clip in extensions! 🔥🔥🔥 :enigma_alien_blue:🔥🔥🔥

Musta been around the same time as the iconic "Pepsi is Pepsi" interview?

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, femmepop said:

It's a cute little performance. A little awkward at the stripping her clothes off part like why didn't they make it more seamless lol

but truly LOVE this era of Britney where she was really starting to NOT GIVE A FUUU.CK.  She really was everywhere like someone above mentioned and this is when the press/paparazzi really started getting to be too much with her and she was pushing back with her sass.

:fu_britney_flipping_off_finger_mad:

Also I am LIVING for those messy red clip in extensions! 🔥🔥🔥 :enigma_alien_blue:🔥🔥🔥

Musta been the same time as iconic "Pepsi is Pepsi" interview?

it was a bit later yeah, everything happened right after the VMA's performance (every single interview for the next few months had to include the "kiss" question)

• Love 1

This is my favorite Medley she ever performed, shame she wasn't able to do Super Bowl at this time, with more production this sort of performance would've been iconic. She had the best choreography that suited her body and the remixes were fire and her pre-recorded vocals were perfection. And I loved the hand mic, but obvs she had a blunder, but I still prefer it, it made this performance really stand out. This was the choreographer that wanted to push Britney's "live vocals" (I think he did her MATM at the AMA's if I'm not mistaken, which was pre-recorded and he hyped it up a lot). I think this entire era was great promo.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Jefferson Silva said:

is that a wig or real hair? im so confused lol

I too am interested in getting the answer to this from people who understand these things.

Also - how about some low-key credit to the NFL for putting Britney on. Sure she was on top of everything in those days but the overlap between big NFL fans and big Britney fans must have been very small (that would be me!)

1 minute ago, sunny_liston said:

I too am interested in getting the answer to this from people who understand these things.

Also - how about some low-key credit to the NFL for putting Britney on. Sure she was on top of everything in those days but the overlap between big NFL fans and big Britney fans must have been very small (that would be me!)

1. Real hair + hair extensions. 

2. Britney was still under contract with Pepsi, which is the sponsor so maybe they have something to do with it. 

• Like 1