Britney Spears + Guy Sigsworth (EP)

Series 1: Analyzing Britney's iconic producers (Guy Sigsworth).

Guy Sigsworth is an English record producer and songwriter. During his career, he has worked with many artists, including Seal, Björk, Madonna, Britney Spears, Imogen Heap, Alanis Morissette, and AURORA. Sigsworth has produced several tracks for Britney Spears.

The first, “Everytime” (2003), appeared on her album ‘In the Zone’. The song reached number one on the UK and Australian singles charts, and number fifteen on the US Billboard Hot 100. A track Imogen Heap and Sigsworth had worked on for the ‘In the Zone’ album entitled “Over to You Now” (2005) was also released on the UK and Japanese bonus EP ‘Chaotic’ of the DVD release of her reality TV show, Britney & Kevin: Chaotic, as well as on the Japanese “Someday (I Will Understand)” CD single released. He also produced the single “Someday (I Will Understand)” (2005). Sigsworth produced the song "Out from Under" and co-wrote and produced the song "My Baby" for Spears' 2008 album ‘Circus’.

Songs:

1) “Everytime” (2003)

2) “Someday (I Will Understand)” (2005)

3) “Over to You Now” (2005) – Bonus track

4) “Out from Under” (2008)

5) “My Baby” (2008)

Should Britney go back to the studio with Guy Sigsworth for B10?!?

• Love 3

The way glory went I feel if she ever makes new music again she will not do dance pop anymore, low fi pop I am starting to feel she wants to go! Glory is a very good album but production on it is so basic, and frankly very overrated among fandom some songs are BOPS but she can do better! 

• Love 1

I just watched the Everytime vid you posted and feel like I really WATCHED it for the first time. I’ve never realised how different it was for her. There’s some serious acting going on there and a real dissonance with the calm, melodic song. I’ve never really noticed that before. It’s a totally separate visualisation to all her performances of that song. It’s v interesting.

• Love 5
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...