Nicole Scherzinger sued over PCD reunion as she threatens to quit, Update: Nicole's attorney responds

Slayer

2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Nothing but facts. I would pay to see Nicole by herself perform all the songs like she was meant and was gonna do anyways. We can hire additional backup dancers or maybe ABBA can get her some holograms? :emma: anyways the show must go on :gunney:

Yes, as much as I like the other girls they are NOT it. They didn’t happen after the break up, at least Nicole has a career, released so many good songs. People on here act as if talent equal success. There are plenty of talented vocalists who are flopping harder than Nicole. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

Anyway, Nicole recently performed for CARTIER in Italy. These broke *** biches can’t even pronounce C A R T I E R. :emma:

• Haha 2

The original problem with Nicole is that she tried to go solo after just ONE PCD album. Who does that? :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses: And when her solo career didn't immediately take off, and why would it? The public wanted PCD, not Nicole Scherzinger at that time. We wanted more of a group evolution with the other girls contributing more vocally but sadly I don't think that was ever the plan. And if that's true, from the jump the group should have been branded as Nicole Scherzinger AND The *****cat Dolls.  Nicole had to run back as PCD as she should have when her solo career flopped and continue with The Dolls. :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde: You go solo after really establishing yourself, she should have waited for at least three albums even if she was the face and voice of PCD. It's a process transitioning form a group to solo stardom and she and Interscope just could not wait it out. So now we're at this point where PCD doesn't work without her and she's not viable musically without them so... :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

(but 75%, come on Nicky... that's truly ridiculous! So much for sisterhood :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: 49% seemed more than fair)

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Well, I'm not entirely sure how the whole thing works but according to this 

Initially, Nicole was supposed to take 49% and Robin the remaining 51%. Now it's a matter of 75% for Nicole and 25% for Robin. However, the other girls aren't mentioned anywhere unless they fall within Robin's share. 

Now that there's lawsuit involved, I don't see them collaborating on a personal level especially when Robin has always been the creative director behind PCD. Of course, Nicole has always been the face of the group but idk how this can be resolved without any further damage to the girls' relationship. 

P. S. Karmit liked the above post on Insta. 

So the girls weren’t a part of the equation.

it’s only Nicole and Robin all this time. Then Nicole should demand 99%. Robin doesn’t do anything nowadays.

• Love 5

Nicole needs the girls as much as the girls need her. Without her they aren’t filling arenas but neither is solo Nicole.

:nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:

Cant deny that Nicole is ridiculously talented  but her solo career is pretty much non existent and PCD was her only lifeline left in music and she’s lucky she has tv to rely on. But I feel for the other girls and for the fans who were looking forward to it.

I only really paid attention to them during their first era but I felt like the group never evolved past that. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

This group is so toxic. It’s a shame, really. :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus: 

They’re all so talented and they do bring something unique to the pop music scene when they’re together. 

I know it's really sad, I wanted to see them do really well :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

I was really hoping they'd all get equal parts or the other girls actually have a line each or something in new songs.

1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

Also, @Slayer your new avi is SUCH a serve :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Thank you boo:tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Invitation said:

So the girls weren’t a part of the equation.

it’s only Nicole and Robin all this time. Then Nicole should demand 99%. Robin doesn’t do anything nowadays.

But then what about the other girls' share? :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue: 

According to this article, it's just a legal matter between Nicole and Robin. Does that mean that the other girls have individual contracts which are separate, ala back-dancers? Does that mean that in the initial contract only Nicole and Robin were pulling the strings and had the final creative say? Obviously we don't know everything but it's interesting what the role of the others is in all of this. 

Truly intriguing.:ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

• Love 1
4 hours ago, nwonder said:

Nicole needs the girls as much as the girls need her. Without her they aren’t filling arenas but neither is solo Nicole.

Cant deny that Nicole is ridiculously talented  but her solo career is pretty much non existent and PCD was her only lifeline left in music and she’s lucky she has tv to rely on. But I feel for the other girls and for the fans who were looking forward to it.

I only really paid attention to them during their first era but I felt like the group never evolved past that. 

Exactly. She is lucky to have that masked singer paychecks so maybe this is why she wants out. She knows she'll make more money just sitting there and not performing. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, nwonder said:

Without her they aren’t filling arenas but neither is solo Nicole.

They’ll always be a mid 2000s girl group that was created through a label. They have a lot of talent but as @Urbanney said, they are toxic as hell. I don’t think they bring anything particularly new to the scene, especially back then I believe the burlesque thing had been done time and time again (see Lady Marmalade). But in today’s day in age they theoretically might have a shot at bringing something more refreshing to the table in a sea of people who can’t really perform, even if it’s just for their die hard fans (if they exist today). 

nicole needs them because she doesn’t have a solo career or solid following, PCD need Nicole because no one can name which they are due to being sabotaged by the label. I believe Nicole even claims she wrote alone and recorded all of the second album herself. Let’s face it, there is no space for this level of toxicity and pettiness between performers, especially women that are artists,  in today’s age.

The reality: their time has passed. They don’t have enough hits and their nostalgia would rub off fast in my opinion. They were really just in between stars the labels pushed when Britney and Christina weren’t touring or promoting an album in that weird period where pop rock took over, and hip hop became mainstream. 

they aren’t coming back, successfully at least. Nicole is great on television.

• Love 3

Posting this from another forum:

‘BUT could it be that she wants more control to be in a position to mandate that parts are shared better?

It may sound crazy, but I do find it hella weird that there was so much talk about shared parts and everyone's voices being heard this time around (literally said by the ladies themselves), only for React to be 100% Nicole.

In the interview clip someone shared, Robin verbatim says Nicole WANTS the other girls to sing. So could it be an issue with the higher ups (management, investors?) who find her the safest bet hence why she's trying to claw control to be able to do what they (the group) want?

Just an alternate take to contrast the "here she goes again, Nicole show" ish that is understandably easy to assess things as.’

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Bigno said:

Nicole is talented, but not a star at all. I dare you mention her name to a good portion of the population and they would have no idea wtf she is. The public does not care but she thinks they do. Go be a judge in another talent show, Nic and stop being such an idiot

Idk, I'd agree years back, but she is a judge on one of the biggest reality shows of the last decade. I'd say the only issue here is that she is only a star to older people who watch masked singer every week, and not a star as a performer. More people are talking about her now than they did when she was in PCD, as they were only known as PCD (which is why to help launch her solo, they started billing them as PCD feat. Nicole Scherzinger)

• Like 1

A Jessica Sutta Appreciation Post

I find myself having to repeat this many places- but Jessica has more number ones on billboard. Granted, they ARE dance chart number ones, but let’s not crap all over the achievements of many indie artists that don’t get the same recognition as the Hot 100. Also, her debut single Show Me, beat out Nicole’s single Don’t Hold Your Breath for the number one spot, if I’m correct, Nicole was number two… and it’s not her only one. Jessica has 5… and her songs are bops! She definitely doesn’t get enough credit. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block