Britney often being called basic white blonde who didn't do anything.

Moscow

Apparently due to my heavy work load, I joined back Twitter a couple of months ago and there is something called Stan Twitter which I wasn't aware about and often people say she's a white mediocre artist who became famous on her appeal and not on her talent. 

I bought this here to understand, these things mainly I've seen coming from Beyonce fans where both fandoms knows how much both of them adore each other. 

After Lizzo tweet on Janet being the queen people started discarding Madonna also and said the same thing about her as well, Madonna is not a dancer like Janet but she is the pioneer of pop I will say same for Janet though she's forgotten! 

I was never aware black people (or some black people) calling Britney always a white blonde, Britney revolutionised the pop industry she is the face of on how global fame looks like for females after Madge, nobody after Britney has seen the global fame and love after her. 

Why people are so bitter? I fail to understand, Britney music can be basic which to some extent I can understand but she as a whole package has never been basic, everyone after her has been inspired by her considering how much Normani and Tinashe has showed love to her. People often on Twitter say she copied Janet which ain't true she was inspired by Janet and has said that in her interviews as well but still people fail to understand. 

What are your perspectives on this? 

• Love 1

Most of these people are other pop girls' stans. They act like their faves dont use s** to sell. They are mostly pressed because Britney has done it, still does and will always do it SHAMELESSLY without relying on other stuff like personal issues, or fame or any other sh1t, she loves using s3x in her art just for the sake of it, thats it. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Isnt it the same sh1t their faves keep claimimg over, over, ove and freaking over again? That females are free to express their s3xuality? Many of them have double or triple standars when it comes to Britney. 

The only point I can give them is the playback thing. Im sorry if you guys feel ofended but our girl has done playback 70% of her career, and thats a fact. Can she sing? Yes. Has she done it? No. 

• Love 4

Well, I don`t think anything can ever reach a consensus. What baffles me is the energy that some put into trying to push others to believe something. Some people consider The Beatles the best band ever and some consider them trash. Some people consider this movie the best ever, some others think it`s a snoozefest. Opinions.

• Like 3

britney is blonde and white, and for the longest time white blondes were the stereotype that was considered the most attractive, the blue print, etc. racism and ***ism were more obvious and hurtful back when britney became famous, along with the impossible beauty standards that came with them. i understand why some people who aren't a white blonde cis woman feel bitter towards britney as she (her public persona) kind of represented everything that was opressing them. with that being said, britney, the person, has never acted as she was better than anyone (beyonce i'm looking at you :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:). she's always been a sweetheart, and she IS very talented. she doesn't have the strongest voice, but that isn't everything when it comes to being a singer. nobody could do it like britney, she had the charisma, the dancing skills, the iconic baby voice... it's not just about looks, she is the whole package. 

ps: get out of stan twitter bestie, it's the worst of the worst of stan culture.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, ElenaB said:

britney is blonde and white, and for the longest time white blondes were the stereotype that was considered the most attractive, the blue print, etc. racism and ***ism were more obvious and hurtful back when britney became famous, along with the impossible beauty standards that came with them. i understand why some people who aren't a white blonde cis woman feel bitter towards britney as she (her public persona) kind of represented everything that was opressing them. with that being said, britney, the person, has never acted as she was better than anyone (beyonce i'm looking at you :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:). she's always been a sweetheart, and she IS very talented. she doesn't have the strongest voice, but that isn't everything when it comes to being a singer. nobody could do it like britney, she had the charisma, the dancing skills, the iconic baby voice... it's not just about looks, she is the whole package. 

ps: get out of stan twitter bestie, it's the worst of the worst of stan culture.

I think you are right, I actually joined back due to the movement I need to leave this app ASAP it's so bitter my god I can't believe the hate people carry for white people (I am an Asian), Madge is not even basic I mean how on earth people can say that Britney is the face of global fame nobody after her have seen the fame like she has let alone the impact only Shakira comes to my mind for this. Beyhive is usually around 30s in age and the amount of bitterness they have for Madge or Britney is beyond, I like Bey myself but she is not even a dancer she puts on a great show overall. 

• Love 1

I never get why people entertain or get upset with other’s opinions. People always push buttons. They always have their own opinions. Its not going to change. Every artist gets ripped apart. Even the so called best voices. We all have a preference. Do not entertain the negative… its someone else’s opinion. Do you love her ? If yes , then that’s all that matters. Some dislike Britney, Mariah, Madonna, Celine, Janet, Christina, Beyonce, Kelly, Arianna , etc .  Its  all good .. some will say basic or they dislike their voice. Some adore them, some do not care. Its life . You like , you dislike . It is what it is ? Just saying . Have a wonderful day . And yet you can like or dislike my reply. It happens! Be well ! 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

My opinion is that Britney surged in an era where the industry was dominated by men and the majority of the public didn't take women seriously merely by their talent...Women needed to be talented AND ***ual to get eyes on them. This still remains true to some degree, the only difference is that the perspective has changed, now being ***ual is called "liberating" or "feminism power", back then, it was forced upon women artists for the sole purpose of giving pleasure to other people and make people desire them.

Initially, as genuine as she has always been, she had this forced persona on her of being the innocent girl that is so hot but doesn't know the entire male population wants to sleep with her...What's sad is that I believe she also believed that persona at one point. She's extremely talented, we have heard her sing live, she has a really powerful voice and yet....95% of her recorded songs do not showcase her voice. 

It's sad as a fan to hear and read so many people call her a basic blonde robot, but this is also her label and team's fault. They never gave her the freedom to evolve and take control of her artistic career and vision, they have just been pushing the same BOMT Britney but the adult version of it. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
32 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

My opinion is that Britney surged in an era where the industry was dominated by men and the majority of the public didn't take women seriously merely by their talent...Women needed to be talented AND ***ual to get eyes on them. This still remains true to some degree, the only difference is that the perspective has changed, now being ***ual is called "liberating" or "feminism power", back then, it was forced upon women artists for the sole purpose of giving pleasure to other people and make people desire them.

Initially, as genuine as she has always been, she had this forced persona on her of being the innocent girl that is so hot but doesn't know the entire male population wants to sleep with her...What's sad is that I believe she also believed that persona at one point. She's extremely talented, we have heard her sing live, she has a really powerful voice and yet....95% of her recorded songs do not showcase her voice. 

It's sad as a fan to hear and read so many people call her a basic blonde robot, but this is also her label and team's fault. They never gave her the freedom to evolve and take control of her artistic career and vision, they have just been pushing the same BOMT Britney but the adult version of it. 

Hmmmm, I think Britney knows all this and if she decides to comeback she will have a team working towards her as GP is already with her and people have shifted their perspective I am very hopeful now. 

3 minutes ago, Applejack said:

I don't know why people are saying Madonna isn't a dancer. Has anyone seen Vogue?

IDK how people think, Janet is objectively a great dancer than Madge but Madge also deserves her respect IDK why this black people do more and whites do less has always been a issue. Not all white women has done less to achieve what they have today. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Prachi said:

IDK how people think, Janet is objectively a great dancer than Madge but Madge also deserves her respect IDK why this black people do more and whites do less has always been a issue. Not all white women has done less to achieve what they have today. 

Because black people don't get the same spotlight as white people. It's understandable.

It's just that dancing has always been a big component of Madonna's career, so I think it's unfair to say she doesn't dance. She was a backup dancer once.

But I can agree that Janet actually did crazy stuff and all the time.

• Love 1

It is my opinion that Britney helped create the image of what is now called being “basic”.  She is blonde, she loves girly things, sparkles, flowers, pumpkin spice lattes. She IS basic but she was basic before it was cool in the early 2000’s. We just need a new word for it. She is herself. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Ty B. Pine said:

It is my opinion that Britney helped create the image of what is now called being “basic”.  She is blonde, she loves girly things, sparkles, flowers, pumpkin spice lattes. She IS basic but she was basic before it was cool in the early 2000’s. We just need a new word for it. She is herself. 

I don't understand how can loving simple things in life can make you basic? My thread is based on her talent and what she has done for the industry not on her personal choices actually. 

21 hours ago, ElenaB said:

☝️Very well put. Totally. By definition, a popstar is part of the arsenal of manipulation, so it tends to carry an oppressive narrative within its message. 

18 hours ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

Yes. Let's not forget she was preetty much engineered to broadcast very specific messages. This is the very reason (besides the horrible family she has) why she is almost enslaved. She was used as an instrument of manipulation, a mktng tool. Of course they wanted her to be "basic", so many girls could bond woth her without complexity. As soon as she wanted to explore a less marketing appealing side, they obliterated her. 

17 hours ago, Ty B. Pine said:

I agree. I don't think this is all there is to her, they just chose to highlight these aspects of her to make her more "sell-able". It's like Barbie, heyBarbie is whatever you want her to be. Go buy her and her stuff. I mean, Brit might not be into Banksy, but she showed way more depth than what some ppl thought she had some years ago. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1