Britney often being called basic white blonde who didn't do anything.

Moscow

Just now, Louis-j said:

Well that's what the conservatorship made her be actually (especially 2008-2013). :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

Hmmm, I agree on this her performing skills have also gone way down we can't blame her she almost lip sync for almost her entire career too but before 2007 it was a different deal after that her marketing didn't change at all she was still the as a young blonde, but now as GP towards her is changing and if she decides to move forward with her music she will have a team working towards her. I am pretty sure, she also knows all this. 

On 9/3/2021 at 8:47 AM, Prachi said:

I don't understand how can loving simple things in life can make you basic? My thread is based on her talent and what she has done for the industry not on her personal choices actually. 

No, actually. I don’t think she’s basic. Re-read what I said and don’t be so snobby. It’s just what people call it today. Before there was the word “basic” or how it’s being used in pop culture today, she was the girl next door. Amazing talent, yes. But today girl next door is not called girl next door it’s called being basic….sorrryyy. I don’t Necessarily like it anymore then you do but that’s basically what the words means today. The relatable everyday girl next door. 

On 9/2/2021 at 5:08 PM, Prachi said:

Apparently due to my heavy work load, I joined back Twitter a couple of months ago and there is something called Stan Twitter which I wasn't aware about and often people say she's a white mediocre artist who became famous on her appeal and not on her talent. 

I bought this here to understand, these things mainly I've seen coming from Beyonce fans where both fandoms knows how much both of them adore each other. 

After Lizzo tweet on Janet being the queen people started discarding Madonna also and said the same thing about her as well, Madonna is not a dancer like Janet but she is the pioneer of pop I will say same for Janet though she's forgotten! 

I was never aware black people (or some black people) calling Britney always a white blonde, Britney revolutionised the pop industry she is the face of on how global fame looks like for females after Madge, nobody after Britney has seen the global fame and love after her. 

Why people are so bitter? I fail to understand, Britney music can be basic which to some extent I can understand but she as a whole package has never been basic, everyone after her has been inspired by her considering how much Normani and Tinashe has showed love to her. People often on Twitter say she copied Janet which ain't true she was inspired by Janet and has said that in her interviews as well but still people fail to understand. 

What are your perspectives on this? 

Madonna can dance her *** off. I saw that ***** doing karate and the splits to her Sorry performance.

As a black person, I do recognize that white artists are considered more easily digestible to the general public. This begs the assumption that they don’t have to work as hard as artists of color to achieve the same results. 

HOWEVER, Britney is an incredibly humble person and seems to know how the industry works against POC. She also has a huge affinity for music by POC such as MJ, Janet, Bobby Brown, and Beyoncé. 

She is an undeniably hypnotic performer and the proof is in the longevity of her career. If she really wasn’t talented then she would end up like the other basic performers of her generation (which I won’t name). 

Britney has something that is hard to put into words. Her presence, her voice, her dancing, her image- it’s enigmatic. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Endlessstan said:

Madonna can dance her *** off. I saw that ***** doing karate and the splits to her Sorry performance.

As a black person, I do recognize that white artists are considered more easily digestible to the general public. This begs the assumption that they don’t have to work as hard as artists of color to achieve the same results. 

HOWEVER, Britney is an incredibly humble person and seems to know how the industry works against POC. She also has a huge affinity for music by POC such as MJ, Janet, Bobby Brown, and Beyoncé. 

She is an undeniably hypnotic performer and the proof is in the longevity of her career. If she really wasn’t talented then she would end up like the other basic performers of her generation (which I won’t name). 

Britney has something that is hard to put into words. Her presence, her voice, her dancing, her image- it’s enigmatic. 

I think I read twitter too much, from where are you how is her perception of her around you? Yes, you are right whites are seen more than black people I agree and its sad.

On 9/3/2021 at 7:51 AM, GirlOnTheMoon said:

My opinion is that Britney surged in an era where the industry was dominated by men

Yeah I think this basically answers OP's question. The "basic white blonde" thing is a legacy criticism from all the way back in the beginning when Britney haters dismissed her as a manufactured product of the corporate pop machine. 

I do think this label has faded through the years, though clearly not all the way.

• Love 1