EP 10 Toxic: who threatened the Gram Girls?

17 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

I'm not being shady but am I wrong? 

Not at all!

JL did have power in 2018, when she became in charge of Britney's missing $600 million trust. I don't know if her status is the same...she definitely holds emotional power over Britney, just because she's family. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

But in terms of wielding clout over other creatives in the industry, JL definitely does not wield that power. It's Cade. 

51 minutes ago, Poison Paradise said:

Had to be Cade.. nobody else in her circle jumped on the bandwagon late in the game. And with his ***ual harassment allegations he can go take a seat with billy b and Jason Alexander.

free Britney doesn’t need any of their buffoonery.

yo what happened to billy b? I so forgot about him! where he been at? he used to be such a loud advocate 

8 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

This would certainly debunk the theory that Cade is the one that set her up with Rosengart.

We may end up finding out that it was someone completely unexpected.

It doesn't debunk it. I think Cade was the one who threatened the Britney's Gram Girls at the beginning of the movement and I think Cade was the one who hooked Britney up with Rosengart because the writing was on the wall at that point. The tide had turned and he could either be publicly known as a traitor to Britney or "be on the right side of history" so to speak.

I actually think it's possible Cade may have lashed out initially because Team Con thought he may have been behind the voicemail and so he was threatened by Jamie over it & then Cade threatened the Gram Girls because he was scared. He probably felt that all the movement would do that this point was leave him vulnerable to threats from Britney's team.

• Like 6

Or maybe it was no one...

with all the attention on the movement it seems strange this mystery person would still have the ability to end their career. Idk maybe I’m overly cynical but it kind of feels similar to the “death threat” strategy team con uses to try and bolster their side/grab for sympathy.  Not in any way saying they are team con just that it might be smoke and mirrors. 

1 hour ago, elodiebeaaa said:

It doesn't debunk it. I think Cade was the one who threatened the Britney's Gram Girls at the beginning of the movement and I think Cade was the one who hooked Britney up with Rosengart because the writing was on the wall at that point. The tide had turned and he could either be publicly known as a traitor to Britney or "be on the right side of history" so to speak.

I actually think it's possible Cade may have lashed out initially because Team Con thought he may have been behind the voicemail and so he was threatened by Jamie over it & then Cade threatened the Gram Girls because he was scared. He probably felt that all the movement would do that this point was leave him vulnerable to threats from Britney's team.

That makes sense.

Question...

Was it a well-known fact to the fanbase that Cade was her CAA agent? :jtum_justin_timberlake_surprised_wow_um_blink_eyebrows_shocked:

All these years I just assumed they were friends who had met through her previous CAA agent...Jason Trawick.

I had never realized that Cade had moved into the spot that Jason had vacated when they split.

That meant I never realized that Cade was on the "inside" with Jamie, Lou, Larry, and the rest of Team CON.

Was I the only person who didn't clue into this? 

• Love 2
On 8/31/2021 at 11:03 PM, Justin Woodpond said:

As far as what's out there in the public domain (according to reports), there were no underage boys (perhaps you are mixing him up with James Charles).

In 2013, Hudson offered a male actor (in his early 30's) s** in exchange for access to filmmakers and actor Amanda Seyfried.

No lol. Cade is in with the whole Bryan singer crew allegedly. 

13 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Was it a well-known fact to the fanbase that Cade was her CAA agent? :jtum_justin_timberlake_surprised_wow_um_blink_eyebrows_shocked:

I knew that Cade was Britney's CAA agent, and that Cade had been a part of a team with Jason Trawick.

That was an instant red flag.:squintney_britney_confused_huh_what_umm_ok_glory:

ETA:

This damning story published by the LA Times in 2017 has some details about Cade's professional past, as well as allegations of soliciting s** for access to Hollywood power players. Cade was a publicist at Full Picture in 2013, and then became an agent at CAA  in 2014. 

Jason Trawick was out of Britney's personal life by January, 2013. I feel like I read a detail that Jason and Cade had been colleagues though...

Does anyone know?

An interesting thing is that the LA Times' story mentions Britney.

About a year later, [Cade] moved to CAA, where he is an agent for commercial endorsements. He has developed close relationships with numerous celebrities--including Britney Spears, one of the agency's most valued clients--and has served as CAA's public face at red-carpet and charity events.

From further down in the article:

Agents wield tremendous power by serving as the primary gatekeepers for Hollywood talent.

Remember the Gram Girls said the threatening person was powerful?

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Poison Paradise said:

Had to be Cade.. nobody else in her circle jumped on the bandwagon late in the game. And with his ***ual harassment allegations he can go take a seat with billy b and Jason Alexander.

free Britney doesn’t need any of their buffoonery.

thinking about it, only 2 persons in her current inner circle are free britney

sam asghari and cade

and sam asghari was kind of...always being all eyes on free britney posts despite not really saying anything of the sort that wasn`t vague

cade was quiet until these past few months

• Like 1
On 9/2/2021 at 3:56 AM, Steel Magnolia said:

That makes sense.

Question...

All these years I just assumed they were friends who had met through her previous CAA agent...Jason Trawick.

I had never realized that Cade had moved into the spot that Jason had vacated when they split.

That meant I never realized that Cade was on the "inside" with Jamie, Lou, Larry, and the rest of Team CON.

Was I the only person who didn't clue into this? 

I’m the same as you.

I always thought Cade was a friend. I’ve never known him to be her actual “agent”, but he may well be. I remember speaking with That Surprise Witness on Insta and we both agreed at one point that Cade was a friend, it never occurred to us he is possibly her Agent/Booker at CAA. There are many divisions at the agency (private events, brand partnerships, touring, movies/tv, etc.). There are multiple agents assigned to each sector, not just one per artist.

I believe Jason Trawick was an agent for WME (William Morris) not CAA (as some alluded to). Spears was previously represented by WME for a time (Jason was her agent there), though he left WME in 2011, and Spears’s moved to CAA right after she and Trawick ended their relationship in 2013. It was Trawick who brought Cassie on board, I don’t think he had any involvement in Britney’s introduction to Cade.

For awhile I thought it might be Larry the Gram girls were referring to. I assumed by his resigning as her manager and respecting “her wishes to retire”, following her testimony, he was practically saying “freeBritney”. At least that what it appeared to be. But I’m not so certain now.

As for Cade being the one everyone thinks hooked Britney up with Rosengart. Didn’t Cade actually say that it was the “25 year guy” - who’s been with Britney from the beginning and was fighting for her freedom behind the scenes - that made the connection. This guy in the shadows (Dan?) is the one pulling stings galore. But who is he?

Whether it’s Cade or not who threatened GG, he’s definitely a fishy character, not Lou Taylor league, but sketchy all the same. That’s Hollywood agents for you. You just can’t trust them. Everything is a hustle. 

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

I believe Jason Trawick was an agent for WME (William Morris) not CAA (as some alluded to). Spears was previously represented by WME for a time (Jason was her agent there), though he left WME in 2011, and Spears’s moved to CAA right after she and Trawick ended their relationship in 2013. It was Trawick who brought Cassie on board, I don’t think he had any involvement in Britney’s introduction to Cade.

Mmm, thank you for the correction. I meant to imply that Cade and Jason may possibly have worked together as part of Britney's 10-person team who meets weekly to manage her life, but I was unsure of whether the two men overlapped.

Pure speculation: it is possible that Cade was Britney's friend, initially. Their professional relationship may have begun after Jason left her life. 

On 9/2/2021 at 11:17 AM, Y2KLady said:

I knew that Cade was Britney's CAA agent, and that Cade had been a part of a team with Jason Trawick.

That was an instant red flag.:squintney_britney_confused_huh_what_umm_ok_glory:

ETA:

This damning story published by the LA Times in 2017 has some details about Cade's professional past, as well as allegations of soliciting s** for access to Hollywood power players. Cade was a publicist at Full Picture in 2013, and then became an agent at CAA  in 2014. 

Jason Trawick was out of Britney's personal life by January, 2013. I feel like I read a detail that Jason and Cade had been colleagues though...

On 9/2/2021 at 7:17 PM, Justin Woodpond said:

I’m the same as you.

I always thought Cade was a friend. I’ve never known him to be her actual “agent”, but he may well be. I remember speaking with That Surprise Witness on Insta and we both agreed at one point that Cade was a friend, it never occurred to us he is possibly her Agent/Booker at CAA. There are many divisions at the agency (private events, brand partnerships, touring, movies/tv, etc.). There are multiple agents assigned to each sector, not just one per artist.

Any story I've ever read painted Jason and Cade as best friends.

Jason left WME in 2011 to start Famos (ah, the good ol' Famos surprise...)

https://www.tmz.com/2011/05/21/britney-spears-jason-trawick-manager-wme-william-morris-endeavor-agent-mick-jagger/

And Cade didn't arrive at CAA until 2014-ish.

From the LA Times article:

At the time of the incident, Hudson was a publicist at Full Picture, a marketing and brand management firm that has clients in fashion, entertainment and other fields. About a year later, he moved to CAA, where he is an agent for commercial endorsements. 

That means there was no overlap of Jason and Cade being on Britney's team...More like a three-year gap between them, at minimum.

And then Britney remained friends with Cade following her split from Jason.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2761518/Newly-single-Britney-Spears-gets-kiss-ex-fianc-Jason-Trawicks-BFF-Cade-Hudson.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3223545/Britney-gets-hands-parties-Vegas-Cade-Hudson-ex-fiance-Jason-Trawick-s-friend.html

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Newly-single-Britney-Spears-gets-kiss-from-Texas-5766882.php

I haven't come across a single article that describes Cade as being Britney's agent, or describes him as being anything other than Jason's Trawick's best friend.

So...This newest development with Cade is...puzzling.

• Like 2
On 9/4/2021 at 7:55 AM, Steel Magnolia said:

Any story I've ever read painted Jason and Cade as best friends.

Jason left WME in 2011 to start Famos (ah, the good ol' Famos surprise...)

https://www.tmz.com/2011/05/21/britney-spears-jason-trawick-manager-wme-william-morris-endeavor-agent-mick-jagger/

And Cade didn't arrive at CAA until 2014-ish.

From the LA Times article:

That means there was no overlap of Jason and Cade being on Britney's team...More like a three-year gap between them, at minimum.

And then Britney remained friends with Cade following her split from Jason.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2761518/Newly-single-Britney-Spears-gets-kiss-ex-fianc-Jason-Trawicks-BFF-Cade-Hudson.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3223545/Britney-gets-hands-parties-Vegas-Cade-Hudson-ex-fiance-Jason-Trawick-s-friend.html

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Newly-single-Britney-Spears-gets-kiss-from-Texas-5766882.php

I haven't come across a single article that describes Cade as being Britney's agent, or describes him as being anything other than Jason's Trawick's best friend.

So...This newest development with Cade is...puzzling.

I am racking my brain.

Maybe I presumed that Cade and Jason were colleagues because they were both agents. I remember that Cade and Jason had a close connection, so it may be highly likely that I made a speculative leap without evidence.

I honestly can’t remember where I read that they were colleagues. Let’s take their professional relationship off the table since I may have been wrong.

But that still leaves a question that’s been puzzling me since Cade came out as #FreeBritney: why does Britney still trust Cade? Especially if he was a close friend of Jason’s?