Honest talks about P!NK's Stupid girls, the female bashing anthem

Pink in the early 00s was a hit or miss, that was until 2008's Funhouse happened. 

But after the massive success of M!SSundaztood, came the divisive TrY this, which was pop punk at its core working with Tim Armstrong of Rancid, but outside the world the album bombed in her native US, her Try this tour was only in Europe and Australia, and it's very infamous of her performing Beautiful by Christina Aguilera, during lady Marmalade, and Xtina was the ugliest doll. And she declared It Beautiful before blowing the blow up doll up with a pin.

But in 2006, her attack on feminine females and females who enjoy being promiscuous and What an article would deem it boy crazy girls, was gonna reach the fever heights with Stupid girls, attacking girls into tanning, shopping and being ***ual while praising tom boys and female presidents basically being masculine females. 

It was kinda cool at the time, but the song in particular the video, is where people are asking is it really feminist to tear down girls who are feminine or like being promiscuous.  

There's always this debate that Tom boys or masculine females were and always had more respect. Then a girly girl..

Which honest brings up artists Like Britney spears, Jessica simpson and Christina Aguilera seemed to be her infamous to go to targets, but in 2006 she added Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and of course Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, who we all know the eating disorder reference was all to obvious aimed at The Olsen twins along with the girl in the pet shop in the bohemian fashions..

He also admits. Sadly while she moved on, the debate on promiscuous females in society still gets discussed and both females and men shame them. 

Still also horror movies kill females for loving s** a little too much as well, as they always die with no clothes on before, during or after the act of intercourse. 

YouTube pink winning best pop video and you can see her mock paris Hilton on front of her former friend Nicole richie and you can see Paris Hilton eyes are actually hurting as they allowed it. 

i was in primary school when it came out, and i remember looking down on teenagers and young adults for caring about makeup and boys etc...

as an adult i realize how f-ed up it is but the media at the time really bashed femininity i remember (even in teen movies it was always the awkward tomboyish outcast main character vs the girly mean girls)

tho tbh it still does sadly

I think p!nk made a really valid point. Girls have more to offer than the dumb pretty role. 

It's not about femininity bashing in the slightest. It is about using your brain and being yourself, not what assets are on your chest. Pink even said about Paris that she is very intelligent, but acts like she isn't. 

A well needed message at the time. I applause her for it. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I love the song but the way it was delivered and in the video I think it's a little rude , her point was "we women are smart and capable , and we don't have to waste our time on silly things" but you could make the same song about stupid boys who only drink smoke and **** around , so the gender blaming is really stupid..... The only difference is that men can get away with it and not getting called stupid ...... 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Saoru said:

I think p!nk made a really valid point. Girls have more to offer than the dumb pretty role. 

It's not about femininity bashing in the slightest. It is about using your brain and being yourself, not what assets are on your chest. Pink even said about Paris that she is very intelligent, but acts like she isn't. 

While the song's "message" might've had a point, I think what is being discussed here is the video and it's general mockery and, yes, shaming of girls who choose to be more feminine. It embodied bully-ism and attacked people for just getting on with their lives as they see fit. Also, let's not forget that Pink  started out as a pop girl showing skin and being ***ualized before she started to switch up her image. This whole thing just reeked of jealousy and she was tired of being compared to other girls so she went on the defensive. 

I enjoyed Pink and her music up till this point. She's since matured and mellowed and I appreciate her music again. But this whole era soured me so much on her. I just think it was unnecessary to drag so many females down in order to build herself up. It was a low blow for Pink and it was a low blowfor pop music.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block