Lady Gaga 'Dawn of Chromatica' The Remix Album stream + comment party

I think this is so fun and avant garde. It still feels very much in the Chromatica universe, and it makes the most cohesive sense of all her remix albums. I'm happy she's supporting lesser known acts like A.G. Cook, Dorian Electra, Shygirl, etc.  

While nothing will ever top the 90s house remixes (imo), I'm thrilled to see the remix surge coming back, e.g. Club Future Nostalgia, Standing At The Gate: The Remix Album, among others, have all been fun reinventions. 

Gotta dance through the pain, am I right? :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

I…don’t know about this. I could see these playing at a club potentially but otherwise the original album was fine and I don’t think these remixes were needed…I did like Alice, Free Woman, Fun Tonight and Sour Candy. The Babylon Haus version was decent too. But overall, not a fan :(

I will say - it doesn’t sound like anything else rn so I love the creativity! I bet if THIS was the album we’d be losing our minds over it. 

Sour Candy - Boring   :arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving:

Free Woman - Its OK

Bablyon - Its bad

Sine From Above - Its experimental but ACTUALLY GOOD AND INTERESTING !! :matches: (not a pop commercial sound if you are looking for that)

1000 Doves - Boring

Rain on Me -  Experimental but kind of boring... (wtf with METELO.. SACALO.. METELO.. SACALO ???A MOVER EL CULO?? B! TC WHAT? :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:)

Have no intention of listening the rest of the songs tonight, maybe during the weekend.
Overall I think its not that bad (At least it is not BLACK MADONNA FUTURE NOOSTALGIA REMIX ALBUM UGHH :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:)

So underwhelming. It sounds like the remixers did not care about the original material and just wanted to make their own stuff.

A good remixer either slightly changes the song (easy), or does a completely different take (harder). They all tried the latter, and most failed hard. :trash_throw_away_recycle:

Tracks above average:

• The two Babylon remixes.
  • Free Woman [Rina Sawayama & Clarence Clarity Remix]
  • 911 [Charli XCX & A. G. Cook Remix]
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
On 8/31/2021 at 6:33 PM, hernameis said:

I don’t think it’s knowing her audience. It’s just money. She just doesn’t care about music anymore, all she wants is money and reaching a certain status in Hollywood.

To me she really is not any different than Jennifer Lopez, always around just to keep herself relevant and making money.
If she really cared about her craft you would hear it in the music and see in the movies she chooses.  

............what? You may have a point in some aspects but saying "Lady Gaga doesn't care about her music" is just not having a clue who you're talking about. She BLEEDS her music, and she either makes every second of it herself, or is strictly involved on it. Seriously, like, read any interview or watch any behind the scenes, or the song credits at least? Ridiculous.

Maybe what you mean is that now she's opened her horizon and with acting and make up and freaking Oreos she's just starting to lose focus or not being 100% on her music but saying she doesn't care about music anymore is a stretch. "Chromatica" is super personal and emotional.

Having said all that... WHAT THE EFF IS THIS REMIX COMPILATION. It's kinda a mess. I don't think it makes much sense as a compilation either. I like how free or unhinged it feels at times, but others that same thing makes it sound immature or like it's whatever just to catch the listener's attention. Overall, I tend to prefer more polished sounds or even ideas. Maybe these songs would work alone better, and not one next to the other? Anyways, I'll have to give it many more listens... I love Chromatica enough to do it.

But seriously, what do you guys think is so great about that cover? It's just bright green slime as a background, and a crashed pink cookie monster in the middle, with Gaga looking like a bad quality sticker pasted on it, I don't get it :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad:

23 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

............what? You may have a point in some aspects but saying "Lady Gaga doesn't care about her music" is just not having a clue who you're talking about. She BLEEDS her music, and she either makes every second of it herself, or is strictly involved on it. Seriously, like, read any interview or watch any behind the scenes, or the song credits at least? Ridiculous.

Maybe what you mean is that now she's opened her horizon and with acting and make up and freaking Oreos she's just starting to lose focus or not being 100% on her music but saying she doesn't care about music anymore is a stretch. "Chromatica" is super personal and emotional.

Still the jockstrap thing. Right. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block