Lizzo calls Britney the "Princess of Pop" and Janet Jackson the "Queen of Pop" (leaving Madonna fans angered)

1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I know people are gonna say she didn't invent wedding dresses and blah blah, cut the bs. That's besides the point..

The whole imagery still screams Madonna, cos like everybody said that was her big statement and her arrival and her way of saying get out of my way, MTV is gonna be mine. 

I saw this performance like a week ago and 100%. I'm a teen and even I could recognize Madonna's influence from her VMAs performance in the 80s, queen. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

16 hours ago, mfanbs said:

that for giving away awards to some random afroamerican people ...

Um

16 hours ago, mfanbs said:

If this is what is called music nowdays i am glad to be called grandpa 

You don’t sound like a grandpa who can’t understand the current state of music, you sound like a racist.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

Britney Spears is my number 1 idol, and you don’t have to like Madonna, but no one can take that label away from her. Madonna had to run so most pop girls after her could walk. 

That's why I put Madge and Cher at a higher level, the Queen Mothers. I actually loved Madonna, her Music era is everything. Frozen too :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

But let's not also forget Cher.

Legends.

Madonna is considered the queen ... I think she's the grandma of pop. But that's just my opinion.

Beyonce is trash... She's highly overrated. To me she's the trash of pop.

Britney is the princess of pop 

Michael Jackson is obviously the king.

I guess JB can be prince.. who cares.

• Like 2
On 8/29/2021 at 11:25 PM, Peter Pan said:

Honestly beside King of Rock (Elvis) King of Pop (Mj) Queen of Pop (Madonna) and Princess of Pop (Britney) are other titles even relevant and used as much? I know Britney hasn’t been called the Pop Princess for a while but like the others I named, wasn’t she the first one? 

Queen of rock Tina Turner

54 minutes ago, Gordon said:

Why is this even a story? Go outside. Stupid internet drama ffs. 

In the digital age, the outside is dead. 

Many people prefer their online friends cos they are able to find people with the same interests, the same beliefs and the same way of thinking.  

@Hooked-On-Knee can probably say that social media is probably the most popular way of communication cos you find people who are just like you and that's a very comfortable thing to people today. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Princess Britney 007 said:

The amount of disrespect here towards Justin Timberlake and George Michael here is amazing. Both are worthy of Prince of Pop title.

I love George (favourite male singer) but I think in a way with how he chose to go with his career and work towards becoming a more substantial musician as opposed to just continuing Faith and having a career like Madonna's where once there was absolutely nothing left to do with that type of pop, then release "his Ray of Light" (Listen Without Prejudice), the title doesn't make much sense, considering he only had 4 solo studio original albums.

Although he's certainly impactful and his legacy is undermined because well, we all know + again the fact he wasn't a sell-out and did what he loved, his name also isn't synonymous with the title, like how Britney, Madonna, and Michael's instantly were after it was coined to it. I do agree though that if we could magically give someone the title and it become instantly recognizable, George would be who deserved it (From his more poppy stuff, to his jams about ***, to stuff that was more "deep" like Jesus to a Child, Mother's Pride, etc)

This is why I believe the, "Prince of Pop", title is gonna be vacant until a man who comes and switches up pop/brings something new debuts, it's, "too late", in a way to attach it to those who have already debuted and had their peaks.

JT's discography is nothing completely fresh/he didn't ever start a pop revolution solo, so... no. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

• Like 1
On 8/29/2021 at 11:22 PM, Hooked-On-Knee said:

TBH there is no Prince of Pop. Justin B's discography is too weak and his star power faded fast, plus he never got that universal following amongst boys and girl (boys who grew up when Britney became famous wanted to date her, girls wanted to be her, etc with the other legends but other way around in Michael's case.) as Justin was looked down upon by the general male teen following (and as someone who was even 4 years old during his reign, even I thought he was a, "bad", celebrity at the time).

Ikr. 

OT: she has spilled that tea! 

7 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I love George (favourite male singer) but I think in a way with how he chose to go with his career and work towards becoming a more substantial musician as opposed to just continuing Faith and having a career like Madonna's where once there was absolutely nothing left to do with that type of pop, then release "his Ray of Light" (Listen Without Prejudice), the title doesn't make much sense, considering he only had 4 solo studio original albums.

Although he's certainly impactful and his legacy is undermined because well, we all know + again the fact he wasn't a sell-out and did what he loved, his name also isn't synonymous with the title, like how Britney, Madonna, and Michael's instantly were after it was coined to it. I do agree though that if we could magically give someone the title and it become instantly recognizable, George would be who deserved it (From his more poppy stuff, to his jams about ***, to stuff that was more "deep" like Jesus to a Child, Mother's Pride, etc)

This is why I believe the, "Prince of Pop", title is gonna be vacant until a man who comes and switches up pop/brings something new debuts, it's, "too late", in a way to attach it to those who have already debuted and had their peaks.

JT's discography is nothing completely fresh/he didn't ever start a pop revolution solo, so... no. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

I think this all comes down where you look at it perspective. From UK and Europe, George was pop (poppy stuff) a lot longer 1982-1990) compared to American pov where he came to the scene by 1984 until the end of the decade. From Euro pov, George already made 4 studio albums of pop stuff before LWP so you can see why it was easy for them to watched George transition from poppy to serious musician which was why he sold a lot of albums and singles over there easily despite not promoting them. From US pov, it was too soon and not to mention he killed his career there.

So from the rest of the world, he can be seen as Prince of Pop but not in America I guess. 

As for Timberlake, come on now. His second album was very influential of its time. Timberlake is the modern ex boy band member to going solo blueprint and I don't think Harry Style and other ex boyband members has come close too that yet. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Princess Britney 007 said:

As for Timberlake, come on now. His second album was very influential of its time. Timberlake is the modern ex boy band member to going solo blueprint and I don't think Harry Style and other ex boyband members has come close too that yet. 

The Timbaland sound was already in, TBH. Loose came out months before, it was a natural evolution. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

Are you forgetting about Ms. Knowles? :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:. JK, I forgot about that, it's fair. :jtum_justin_timberlake_surprised_wow_um_blink_eyebrows_shocked:

But thanks for explaining about how George's stuff is viewed internationally, here in Canada, it's the same as the US. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Love 1