Lizzo calls Britney the "Princess of Pop" and Janet Jackson the "Queen of Pop" (leaving Madonna fans angered)

Thoughts? Lizzo called Michael and Janet Jackson the king and queen of pop respectively. She said Bieber is the prince of pop, Britney is the princess of pop and Rihanna the pop princess. Beyonce is queen of music and Usher named king of R&B.

Do you agree with Lizzo?

Madonna started trending on Twitter today because fans feel angered she was cut out of the equation.   

lizb.jpg.de7498122e7a26d303af68d014e5af96.jpg

• Love 7

TBH there is no Prince of Pop. Justin B's discography is too weak and his star power faded fast, plus he never got that universal following amongst boys and girl (boys who grew up when Britney became famous wanted to date her, girls wanted to be her, etc with the other legends but other way around in Michael's case.) as Justin was looked down upon by the general male teen following (and as someone who was even 4 years old during his reign, even I thought he was a, "bad", celebrity at the time).

He is not an electrifying performer either, he doesn't have the dancing + singing combination Michael flawlessly pulled off, doesn't bring in revolutionary concepts to his performances as Madonna did, and doesn't have the dancing + stage presence Britney communicated in her prime. 

Justin T's discography is too influenced Michael's to make him stand out, pretty much everything is on trend to the time.

Usher's discography has never been pure pop, no? So I don't see how he could be the Prince, albeit his discography certainly seens more interesting than the other two considered, "Prince of Pop". 

• Love 1
  • Like 7
8 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

TBH there is no Prince of Pop. Justin B's discography is too weak and his star power faded fast, plus he never got that universal following amongst boys and girl (boys who grew up when Britney became famous wanted to date her, girls wanted to be her, etc with the other legends but other way around in Michael's case.) as Justin was looked down upon by the general male teen following (and as someone who was even 4 years old during his reign, even I thought he was a, "bad", celebrity at the time).

He is not an electrifying performer either, he doesn't have the dancing + singing combination Michael flawlessly pulled off, doesn't bring in revolutionary concepts to his performances as Madonna did, and doesn't have the dancing + stage presence Britney communicated in her prime. 

Justin T's discography is too influenced Michael's to make him stand out, pretty much everything is on trend to the time.

Usher's discography has never been pure pop, no? So I don't see how he could be the Prince, albeit his discography certainly seens more interesting than the other two considered, "Prince of Pop". 

I'm honestly surprised at Justin's relevancy in 2021. The other day, he became the #1 artist on Spotify. :new_york_breathless_uncannyxman: Also, I can't speak for other regions, but he's super huge in Korea, for example. Whenever idols are asked about their favorite artists or singers they'd love to collaborate with, Bieber comes up very frequently, and Peaches has been in the top 20 of the biggest Korean chart (Melon) for months. There's like 3 or 4 Western artists charting on Melon, yet Bieber has 3 songs that are charting simultaneously (at #2, #14, and #42), and one of them is a random b-side. It's honestly insane. :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white: