Lizzo calls Britney the "Princess of Pop" and Janet Jackson the "Queen of Pop" (leaving Madonna fans angered)

6 hours ago, blackguillemot said:

I'm sorry :gunney:

King of Pop- Michael Jackson

Queen of Pop- Britney Spears

Prince of pop- Prince (it was easy)

Princess of Pop- vacant

The Pop Queen- Rihanna, Janet

Queen of music- Cher & Madonna

King of Pop- B cool Spears

Prince of pop- B-Vanilla Candle Spears

Princess of Pop- Britney Spears

The Pop Queen- Britney Jean Spears

Queen of music- Primeney Spears

:jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

The fact that Her (Lizzo) and this Meghan the stalion both have 3 grammys really makes me go there and punch whoever is in charge of that for giving away awards to some random afroamerican people .... and dont get me started on Billie Ilish

If this is what is called music nowdays i am glad to be called grandpa 

• Love 3
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, blackguillemot said:

I'm sorry :gunney:

King of Pop- Michael Jackson

Prince of pop- Prince (it was easy)

Princess of Pop- vacant

The Pop Queen- Rihanna, Janet

Queen of music- Cher & Madonna

Britney Spears is my number 1 idol, and you don’t have to like Madonna, but no one can take that label away from her. Madonna had to run so most pop girls after her could walk. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Now that everyone is entitled to give their faves titles... i think i should make changes to these so called honorific titles...

The Billionaire of Pop - Rihanna 

The Ultimate Clown of Pop - Katy Perry 

The Drag Queen of Pop - Lady Gaga

The (loud) Voice of Pop - Xtina Aguilera

The Country-turned-Pop Star - Taylor Swift

The Overrated Queen - Beyonce

Now what u think??? Lol :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

• Love 3
  • Haha 4
4 hours ago, Glittilicious said:

MJ called himself The King of Pop. The others are made up so you can call anyone the Queen or Princess of whatever really.

He didn't, ever. Liz Taylor named him 'King of Pop, Rock and Soul' back in 1989 while presenting him an award, and the 'pop' part was reproduced everywhere.

I don’t like MJ but I know he’s the king of pop, and saying it would be someone else would be disrespectful to his legacy.

If Lizzo doesn’t like Madonna that’s fine but she’s indisputably the Queen of pop - so Lizzo as a newcomer was disrespectful. She’s still new to this industry so we’ll see how far she goes - but if she thinks Madonna isn’t the Queen of Pop I would assume it’s not very far :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Like 1

As an African American myself, I see where lizzo is coming from(Janet being the queen of pop) I hate to turn this into a "race" thing, but i dont think you all understand what the Jacksons mean to us(African Americans).  Long story short...

Basically, The Jackson Family to African Americans are the stable of what it is to "make it" in Hollywood and having crossover appeal.  Try watching "The Jacksons: An American Dream to get a deeper understanding. 

In a nutshell, Madonna may be the queen of pop on a universal level, however, Janet is our queen of pop. She means much more to us than Madonna ever will. 

• Love 3

Janet Jackson is the queen of pop.

However a performance at the BET awards of truth hurts, the lie detector and Maury says Lizzo you a damn liar..

This screams Madonna's iconic 1984 MTV VMA performance 35 years after it happened..

@Hooked-On-Knee

@Slayer

@Jordan Miller

@I Always Sing Live

I know people are gonna say she didn't invent wedding dresses and blah blah, cut the bs. That's besides the point..

The whole imagery still screams Madonna, cos like everybody said that was her big statement and her arrival and her way of saying get out of my way, MTV is gonna be mine. 

The irony is she won the video vanguard award before Michael Jackson did, and she had every right to shade MTV and Michael after the award name changed..

But if you read the biography, by J. Randy. 

That was Michael being petty when MTV, Billboard and other declared Madonna as the top artist of the 80s, he said that would teach that heffa a lesson. it didn't, if anything MTV kinda abandoned him in the 00s especially after the whole artist of the millennium gag..

They after he died admitted he was telling the truth, but we didn't wanted to admit it..

• Love 3