Lizzo calls Britney the "Princess of Pop" and Janet Jackson the "Queen of Pop" (leaving Madonna fans angered)

27 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

I mean at least we can agree that Britney is the Princess of Pop! :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

Sure she has a different opinion than me or most people, I guess I’m just not bothered because she has the right to a different opinion. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

I mean, I can't say I'm bothered either. I'll close this thread and forget about it again, but these titles have never really been a matter of opinion, so... :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

1 hour ago, Stefani said:

I think she wanted to say Black Princess of Pop for Rihanna, but she knew that would cause a Twitter war. :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

I think she named Rihanna to appease stan twitter. Same with Janet Jackson. She knows she will get brownie points if she adds certain people on her list.

• Like 4

Lizzo is Getting dragged by Madonna Madonna stans over the queen of pop comments..

They're bringing up the Guinness book of records and Billboard accomplishments and her touring records to diss lizzo..

But some people state, lizzo might not be a Madonna fan, just because the industry deemed her the queen cos of her artistry, outside the gay community and maybe the latin community did Madonna really impact society, many females say her take on ***uality isnt really feminine as they like being submissive to their men than being dominion and wanting to get off their way. 

• Love 1

Madonna is the Queen of Pop, Michael Jackson is the King of Pop, Britney is the Princess Pop, the Holy Trinity forever. It was established already, idk the fascination of people naming this titles to people every time. Like no, it's them and never again. :sipnstare_coffee_mug_tea_sipping_spilling_red::deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

Any other "name" are rumors :emma:

• Love 2
  • Like 6

Agree w everyone Madonna, MJ, Britney.

there’s no prince at the moment. I don’t think any have stuck like the ones above.

While Beyoncé is an insanely talented performer (one of the best), she doesn’t have the accolades beyond being extremely famous to get that title. Rihanna, Britney, Madonna, Taylor Swift, have all outsold her. Xtina (?) maybe too?

• Love 4

The Beyonce thing came from Clive Davis and the media and the industry ran with it..

But like everybody said, this is the man that told a swedish band (Ace of Base) their sound is way to European for US audiences, and Kelly Clarkson called him old and senile several times they butted heads cos he wanted albums like Breakaway where it was a collection of songs as she described it and not cohesive albums. Research The my December era, he initially refused to release that album. Ironically she went more for a radio friendly sound on 2009's All I ever wanted.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I wanted to like it because of Britney, but the rest :imacat_cat_hiss_meme_white_kitty_mad:

Also what's the difference between Princess of Pop and The Pop princess?

She had to include Rihanna, many Music stans feel her commercial success especially given how she's still being streamed despite no new Music in 5 years makes certain people feel she's already surpassed Britney spears, I mean she was literally unstoppable a tour de force, and even though she announced she left Music as it doesn't make her the money she desires. 

They do feel her achievements out surpass Britney a lot. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Yomanda2010 said:

What about Prince? 

He's more than just pop, He did Rock, Jazz, I mean this is the same man that told Warner bros records at 19 years old. Don't make me or market me as Black, a black man telling his label in 1977, don't market me based on my skin color which unfortunately still happens today..

Janet Jackson was sold in R&B/Hip hop cd section despite being pop because of her skin color, Mariah was sold in pop categories in some stores because her skin color , that was due to Tommy making her white, hell whitney Houston was pop even though behind the scenes that's one of the reasons why she's not here, they marketed a girl she really wasn't at all. 

• Love 2