Aaliyah is Coming: my Documentary

rik

It took such a long time to get this back up but I’m really excited to present to you by documentary on Aaliyah. It took me about a year to make and I interviewed several fans including some exhalers who grew up listening to her music to assist with telling her story. I also get into why people of the last generation and a half are not familiar with much of her discography despite knowing how she looked, etc. Britney makes a few appearances as I seek to showcase pop culture at the time vs now, and illustrate how music consumption has changed. I also make a commentary on the political landscape when Aaliyah died.

I get into the 2012 drake/40 album that never happened, JoJo’s story, why we couldn’t stream Blackground’s albums and more! I’d really appreciate if you could check it out :) 

@Jordan Miller @Midnight if you could feature this I would really really be grateful!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, 4EverIntoxicated said:

Just now getting into her music. I’ve been waiting for her music to be released on streaming. I see why she is so loved. I didn’t listen to the radio much as a kid. I just had my favorite cds and that’s all I would listen to. I wish I would have listened sooner. She’s so good

She is genuinely so incredible. I hope her music will now stand the test of time for the u pic and future generations of music listeners. I think she really was about to hit it big before her death. Her family is also very controlling as well, so the streaming has complex to secure for various reasons beyond Blackground records. 

One of her best.

o

• Love 1
On 9/1/2021 at 11:47 AM, gapeach704 said:

Aaliyah was so beautiful inside and out.  I've said it before, but if Aaliyah was still alive, Beyonce wouldn't have become as big as she did.  And that's on PERIODTTTT!!! 

I agree however I think Beyoncé would still very much be Beyoncé!! Also I’d love if u could check out my doc 🤍

@Jordan Miller

On 8/28/2021 at 12:23 PM, Leolileinstein said:

Come Through!!! We miss u 😭😭

On 8/28/2021 at 3:48 AM, Sea flower said:

Thank you for sharing! I will watch it!

On 8/28/2021 at 12:16 AM, 4EverIntoxicated said:

Just now getting into her music. I’ve been waiting for her music to be released on streaming. I see why she is so loved. I didn’t listen to the radio much as a kid. I just had my favorite cds and that’s all I would listen to. I wish I would have listened sooner. She’s so good

Romeo must die soundtrack is now on streaming services today for the first time in 21 years! The song try again was the first song to hit number 1 on the billboard hot 100 (in the year 2000) solely because of airplay!!!

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, ExXL said:

I love her music as well, her death is such a tragedy especially knowing how big and promising she's going to be , she was just getting started and probably hasn't even reached her prime , her story is heartbreaking , she was soooo beautiful as well :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

She was really a true talent too. I think she was on the brink of hitting Britney Spears success. There’s a brief section which discusses her really crossing over 

17 minutes ago, Rik said:

:tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily: Thank you so so much!! I hope you enjoy it 🤍🤍🤍 Romeo must die’s soundtrack is on streaming services today btw!!

Omg wuttt? No way!!!

I used to YouTube the hell out of Back in one Piece, Are you feelin me and Don’t know what to tell ya 

:mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

can’t wait to able to stream now

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block