What was your reaction to the Hold It Against Me music video?

At the time, I was obsessed with Rihanna’s Who’s That Chick. 

I’m a Gemini, so I completely understand the undertones of duality and the need for balance. I completely identified with it. I’m a low key Buddhist - yin yang - all that.

So when HIAM came out, I was obsessed!

You completely see the dichotomy of the Light and Dark - so it’s a very deep video. Life and Death (or endings and beginnings) can be completely seen throughout the video. So it gave me all the feels.

• Love 5

Femme Fatale is one of her best era. I wish Inside out, Trouble for me, and He is about loose me we’re also released as singles.

criminal - which was deemed as a failure at time of its release is most streamed song or will soon be most streamed song on Spotify. 

Album did well overall as well. It was over shadowed by 21, teenage dream, and Born this way.

competition was fierce during 2011. 

• Love 5

I ABSOLUTELY LOOOOOVE HIAM. I was blown away with the song and the video.

I ADORE the song. Actually, the whole Femme Fatale album, but that song will always have a special place in my heart, to me it's essential Britney but with a new twist in the music. The video was a complete surprise to me, even with all the previous teasers, so different for her, and creative. This proves to the GP that there's SO MUCH MORE to her than what is usually shown.

Fortunately, I wasn't that active at that time on here, otherwise you guys would have ruined it for me with all that uncontrolled negativity, honestly. Like, chill... You're contemporaries of an actual living legend, try to enjoy it.

Of course that were many disappointing things throughout the whole era, we know them all very well, especially now that we got more information and explanations on the awful context she was living in, like most of you already mentioned, but to me it's incredible all the things she's capable of doing in such strenuous situations. So yeah, I truly don't understand any hate coming from the fan base itself, HIAM is amazing.

• Love 3

I loved the idea of the video but I thought the execution was a bit messy; between the fast editing and Britney looking like she’d rather be anywhere else (don’t blame her), and with the negativity on this website - I’ll admit I was slightly let down originally. 

I appreciate it for its message and the attempt at something new. Plus the song is a banger. 

• Like 1

I was on the fence …  

Loved the concept of the video but something felt really bit off. The editing was also really a bit messy especially in the final dance scene.

The fight scene is beautifully done though.

The ridiculous 30 days of teasers killed the vibe for me

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

To be honest:

At first I was confused cause the video didnt match the song and I usually like when the video is like the song.

(idk if im the only one)

However as time went on, I learned what it actually represented and now I respect it.

I think it was pretty clever to do metaphors of her career, breakdown and comeback

• Love 2