Will Britney own the rights to her music once she’s free?

Serious question? Now that the Kesha court docs are out and the stark similarities between Britney’s and Kesha cases it makes me wonder will she essentially go through the same process with her music, since a lot of it is tied to rca and then Jamie’s/lous LLC’s. 

When Kesha became semi free from Dr. Luke,  she wasn’t able to get out without her music being stuck to him, and he took away her rights to perform and essentially profit off sales off of her songs she recorded with him.

There so much legal mess tied in with this and it’s difficult  because it’s Britney the Person Vs Britney the Business!

Spoiler

Low key hoping when she’s free she gives us her Kesha- Praying Era, sings in her natural voice, sings out her pain and closes the door! That’s it no more Britney after that she leaves the country and live your free live honey :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily::otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

It’s complicated. Britney gets royalties on songs that she sings. She gets publishing on songs that she writes. Her percentage of what she gets from her previous songs won’t change. 

In regards to music, the amount made from steaming is sooo very little. The amount she gets for songs used in movies/ads. That’s a different story. 

Britney’s own publishing deal existed since her debut.   I have interviewed many of her songwriters and producers and they all acknowledge that Britney is one of artists who doesn’t take a cut of publishing if she doesn’t write the song. Many bigger artists take a cut of songs they didn’t write, which means less percentage for those who did write and produce the song.  One of the many reasons I respect Britney. 

• Love 2