Here's why #BillboardApologizeToBTS is trending

Sorry, but i don't understand the problem, let them have their moment!Β 

How many korean groups went to number one in the US? Exactly!Β 

The american pop market is boring right now, so... It needs some competition!

ImagineΒ how often something like that is the case in other charts internationally?Β 

I guess the US-pop-listeners areΒ just not used to share the music-spotlight. :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

I don't understand why theyΒ feelΒ threatened; Billboard literally caters to their every whim and haven't done **** to fix the obvious chart manipulation. Hell, they're even releasing a boxset of magazines that feature BTS. Not to mention that Billboard doxed people who were critical of BTS and their stans.Β :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

They need to investigate where all the funds are coming from that the BTS stans are using to mass buy songs. At first I assumed it was just them stealing their parents' credit cards and adding funds that way (which would beΒ really embarrassing), but the sheer amount of money that they've raised on a consistent basis is highly suspicious, and it's become more and more obvious that BTS's label is behind someΒ of this.Β 

The easiest way to solve this entire problem is to have Britney release a hit song; Billboard will change the rules again to prevent it from topping the chart like they did with Blackout, and the BTS stans will lose their advantage.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Wait. What am I looking at. The wanted to be a nonprofit?Β 

yea, bot busted and that person scammed them aka didnt give back their money

sis like 3 weeks ago 1 single middle age woman was proud on twitter how she herself made 20% of weekly sales for butter

Β 

they are shameless and terrorize on twitter yet when billboard asks about fraudulence its all like- ApOlOgizE To OuR Boyyz

they want billboard who allowed the fraud to happen for weeks and months to apologize for acknowledging the fraud the 2ND TIME (first one when one of the people employed said No1 artist should sell as much as butter is selling that week and thats actually No1)

Β 

Apologizing for mentioning fraudulence and then applauding ur fanbase for doing so while allowing it on ur website. BoTs should apologize to us cuz we have to tolerate their bs

RM and that other dude are shameless when it comes to no1s and grammies. They dont give a f they are scamming delulu middle aged women and unsupervised kids abusing their parents cards

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Stefani said:

I don't understand why theyΒ feelΒ threatened; Billboard literally caters to their every whim and haven't done **** to fix the obvious chart manipulation. Hell, they're even releasing a boxset of magazines that feature BTS. Not to mention that Billboard doxed people who were critical of BTS and their stans.Β :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

They need to investigate where all the funds are coming from that the BTS stans are using to mass buy songs. At first I assumed it was just them stealing their parents' credit cards and adding funds that way (which would beΒ really embarrassing), but the sheer amount of money that they've raised on a consistent basis is highly suspicious, and it's become more and more obvious that BTS's label is behind someΒ of this.Β 

The easiest way to solve this entire problem is to have Britney release a hit song; Billboard will change the rules again to prevent it from topping the chart like they did with Blackout, and the BTS stans will lose their advantage.

As much as Billboard is wrong for allowing this fraud for months I am glad they let the BoyZ know they are aware of it but allowing it cuz money is money, regardless does it come from middle age women, kids or just casual adults

I dont see a reason for Billboard to apologize. They are the one allowing and supporting the fraud.

Β 

Change the rules and stop the fraud. As simple.

If anyone is to blame or shame is Billboard, and those that have put it in a pedestal or given it the authority to decide what's a success or not.

As people have said here, yes, fans can spend all their money how they want, and that could be something to be recognized. However, that still goes against the purpose of the charts which are supposed to reflect a true image of the popular acts/songs, not who has the most loyal fanbase. And yes, as people have said, radio payola should be put on blast too, or they should simply just stop taking radio airplay into consideration, unless it comes from stations that only play songs based on the public's requests, which I doubt is even a thing.

I think everything is a mess, Billboard for allowing this, and yeah, BTS might be very loved by their fans but their chart success doesn't meant they're really that popular among the majority of the population, and that's a fact, but again, they just played Billboard's rules.

The thing is I don't know how they can solve this situation, even if they said that only physical copies are gonna count from now on, crazy stans would still go and buy all the copies at the stores, and how are they gonna tell they were bought by the same person? Or if it was digital downloads, they can create multiple accounts too.

So I don't know, maybe they should start adding other stuff into the formula, or people should just stop giving Billboard so much credit and just accept that they've become a popularity contest, or a power contest (when it comes to record label's payola).

4 hours ago, Isla said:

Tbf Billboard did make some interesting points, but they’re also undermining how loyal BTS fans are.

but that's the thing, the chart is not supposed to be about loyalty, but popularity, as in what the majority of the people likes, not about which fanbase loves the hardest, that should be left for things like awards or online polls or whatever

it's not BTS or their fans' fault, but Billboard is right in recognizing this flaw they've allowed in their own system

• Like 1

The issue I have with this is no one asks western artists the same question, no one repeatedly slams them with allegations of chartΒ manipulation and with no one I mean billboard. BTS as an outsider, as an Asian act outside the US, tops the charts playing by the rule book and suddenly it’s an issue? RM was right for turning that question around on Billboard. They were trying to get him to agree and turn on us the fandom.Β I can’t believe this disrespect because that’s what it is, again. How are you going to have the biggest group in the world rn on your cover and only ask them about chart manipulation? And imply they don’t have the streams to back up the sales when they very much do? Butter just recently broke another Spotify record. They wouldn’t dare say that crap if the pandemic wasn’t a thing and BTS was out there once again selling out stadiums in the US but because they can’t it’s easy for BB to spread lies. And I will never understand why. What’s the issue here, I can’t come to any other conclusion other than xenophobia. Namjoon even said it himself, they don’t want to become mainstream. And he knows they never will because even though they had their breakthrough in the US in 2017, they’re still seen as outsiders today. β€œAliens” as he put it once. It just makes me sad to see them get treated this way again and again by the US industry just because their manipulation tactics don’t hold up against BTS Army. Fix your mess and stop blaming us.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Persona said:

The issue I have with this is no one asks western artists the same question, no one repeatedly slams them with allegations of chartΒ manipulation and with no one I mean billboard. BTS as an outsider, as an Asian act outside the US, tops the charts playing by the rule book and suddenly it’s an issue? RM was right for turning that question around on Billboard. They were trying to get him to agree and turn on us the fandom.Β I can’t believe this disrespect because that’s what it is, again. How are you going to have the biggest group in the world rn on your cover and only ask them about chart manipulation? And imply they don’t have the streams to back up the sales when they very much do? Butter just recently broke another Spotify record. They wouldn’t dare say that crap if the pandemic wasn’t a thing and BTS was out there once again selling out stadiums in the US but because they can’t it’s easy for BB to spread lies. And I will never understand why. What’s the issue here, I can’t come to any other conclusion other than xenophobia. Namjoon even said it himself, they don’t want to become mainstream. And he knows they never will because even though they had their breakthrough in the US in 2017, they’re still seen as outsiders today. β€œAliens” as he put it once. It just makes me sad to see them get treated this way again and again by the US industry just because their manipulation tactics don’t hold up against BTS Army. Fix your mess and stop blaming us.

https://atrl.net/forums/topic/364810-one-person-responsible-for-~20-of-butters-sales-this-week/page/2/

Β 

but go off luv

Β 

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

but that's the thing, the chart is not supposed to be about loyalty, but popularity, as in what the majority of the people likes, not about which fanbase loves the hardest, that should be left for things like awards or online polls or whatever

it's not BTS or their fans' fault, but Billboard is right in recognizing this flaw they've allowed in their own system

Yeah that is very true. Charts are about popularity, but BTS fans have always been very devoted to the group and trying to buy/stream their singles in the hopes it gets a good chart position.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, FreeBritBrit said:

yea, bot busted and that person scammed them aka didnt give back their money

sis like 3 weeks ago 1 single middle age woman was proud on twitter how she herself made 20% of weekly sales for butter

Β 

they are shameless and terrorize on twitter yet when billboard asks about fraudulence its all like- ApOlOgizE To OuR Boyyz

they want billboard who allowed the fraud to happen for weeks and months to apologize for acknowledging the fraud the 2ND TIME (first one when one of the people employed said No1 artist should sell as much as butter is selling that week and thats actually No1)

Β 

Apologizing for mentioning fraudulence and then applauding ur fanbase for doing so while allowing it on ur website. BoTs should apologize to us cuz we have to tolerate their bs

RM and that other dude are shameless when it comes to no1s and grammies. They dont give a f they are scamming delulu middle aged women and unsupervised kids abusing their parents cards

The fact that they even think they’re owed an apology for ANYTHING is tragic. Their fans really think they are some sort of exception like they can do whatever they want. It don’t work like that.Β 

• Love 1

Why are they criticising BTS or their fans? No fan I am of them, but this is ridiculous an artist would kill for having such a royal fanbase they should be looking at their own system and should not allow this to happen.Β 

BB is broken, they just don't wanna accept.Β Β 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block