Here's why #BillboardApologizeToBTS is trending

• Leader

Billboard recently acknowledged their charts can be rigged (generally speaking). BTS' fanbase was a focal point of that argument.

Their new issue has BTS on the cover, so you can imagine their fanbase wasn't super thrilled. 

In the article, they comment on how BTS fans organize mass busy to propel the group to #1. BTS member RM responded.

Billboard wrote: "On top of these pressures, both the group and the agency are coming under scrutiny for BTS’ recent chart successes, which fans of some competing acts say are achieved through concerted “manipulation” antithetical to the charts’ purpose of accurately highlighting the world’s most popular acts... some noted how the group’s fans, known as ARMY, organize themselves on social media, using tactics like bulk purchases of physical albums and coordinated digital buying to influence chart performance."

RM responded: "It’s a fair question... if there is a conversation inside Billboard about what being No.1 should represent, then it's up to them to change the rules and make streaming weigh more on the ranking. Slamming us or our fans for getting to No. 1 with physical sales and downloads, I don't know if that's right... It just feels like we're easy targets because we're a boy band, a K-pop act, and we have this high fan loyalty."

After the article went live, #BillboardApologizeToBTS started trending on Twitter.

Points have been made :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Thoughts, Exhale?

3 minutes ago, FreeBritBrit said:

yes lets not acknowledge billboard doxxing twitter users and gaslighting extremists in the Army into bullying them

and yes they are frauds

E34H3HhXwAYSPgP?format=png&name=900x900

Emmaroberts GIFs | Tenor

That is honestly so embarrassing. I would be filing for divorce if my grown spouse had their priorities that screwed up. I get stanning, but that isn’t healthy. 

They truly need to change the rules of how they rank songs on billboard. There needs to be a way of tracking large amounts being bought by the same purchase. It gets to the point where (as usual) rich people control everything by throwing money around. It’s not an accurate representation of what song is actually the most popular among people, and is more about which fanbase has more money to waste.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Billboard is really stupid for that statement. They deserve every #1 they’ve got. If their fans are dedicated and loyal to them, and Billboard allow people to buy merch, physical sales and downloads then what the hell are their problem? I think this way, you can clearly see who is the real artist and who use sympathy & payola:emma:

Nicki Minaj and The Barbs are another example of doing mass-buying and streaming parties! That’s REAL fan LOVE, people are LOVING you for real and I can’t say nothing but BRAVÒ to fans who are buying the music of their favorite artist!!! :emma:

Billboard should be worried about industry plants who buy and manipulate streams and sûck DJ’s Ds in order to get some ill press! Bless :emma:

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Style. said:

Billboard is really stupid for that statement. They deserve every #1 they’ve got. If their fans are dedicated and loyal to them, and Billboard allow people to buy merch, physical sales and downloads then what the hell are their problem? I think this way, you can clearly see who is the real artist and who use sympathy & payola. 

Nicki Minaj and The Barbs are another example of doing mass-buying and streaming parties! That’s REAL fan LOVE, people are LOVING you for real and I can’t say nothing but BRAVÒ to fans who are buying the music of their favorite artist!!! 

nnnn you are clueless luv

THIS is how they managed to be at no1 for weeks

103071_600.jpg

• Love 2
  • Content Curators

Honestly, I have 2 thoughts about this.

Instead of criticising BTS and Army, they should criticise their own system and really think about what they want to reflect. And BTS army are wrong for bullying, but please do not only cite them. Blinks, Swifties, Arianators, almost all stan cultures are toxic af because they’re mostly teenagers who like to troll people online. BTS Army only happens to be the biggest fan base of them all. Critics were also sent death threats for not giving ‘folklore’ a 90 or a 100 and dragging down its metacritic score.

I don’t know about you, but I used to buy 10-20 copies of Britney’s albums to help her chart higher. I never do that for anyone else because Brit’s my No.1 but get off ur high horse.

My 2nd thought is that now that BTS knows their fans are dedicated and would push any of their songs to No.1, can they please release amazing music? No more Katy Perry wanna-be singles please.

Edited by Invitation
  • Love 5
  • Content Curators
3 minutes ago, Style. said:

No thanks, my sugar coated daddy chooses me my own destiny :emma:

Don’t take them seriously:emma: just a pressed Blink (blackpink fan) who’s bored enough to attempt to start a fan war here. I love BP and I was the one who featured the Lisa post, but I found the argument super lame when BP’s label was known for chart/view manipulation back in K-Pop world.

• Content Curators
2 minutes ago, Jefferson Silva said:

well lets organize mass buiyng for Britneys comeback single in 2300 and if billboard change its rule AGAIN in the last minute they better get a good lawyer

We used to do that so much here! Especially when Hold It Against Me was released. I even donated to some US Britney fan to buy the song on iTunes. There was someone who organised everything and just created the best tactics and autobot radio request links and autobot voting sites so that we win every poll. Sadly, the user doesn’t come here anymore. Such glorious days. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block