Blackpink’s Lisa drops debut 'LALISA'

30 minutes ago, Invitation said:

Hopefully Money will be better.

Its not. The problem is BP's producer Teddy, who probably hasn't had a new idea for a song since like 2011. I'm a little tired of the sound after being a kpop fan for so long quite frankly. I'm still rooting for Lisa's inevitable success, but if her music show performances dont hit the way I need them to right now then I'm sitting out for the era.

• Haha 1
  • Like 3
  • Content Curators
25 minutes ago, 1stopBopshop said:

Its not. The problem is BP's producer Teddy, who probably hasn't had a new idea for a song since like 2011. I'm a little tired of the sound after being a kpop fan for so long quite frankly. I'm still rooting for Lisa's inevitable success, but if her music show performances dont hit the way I need them to right now then I'm sitting out for the era.

I genuinely liked almost all of the songs on 'The Album', 'SOLO' and 'On The Ground', so it's very surprising to me that I don't like these 2. Music video is still so good though.

Edited by Invitation
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

I'm not blown away, I think Lisa is capable of going 10 times harder than this :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Honestly, they are trying to pull of a CL single with her, but its impossible. I like Lisa but the way CL does things cannot be copied. I still like Hyuna's comeback single more so Imma listen to that one

• Love 2

The visuals are amazing, as usual, and her performance is on point too, but the song is... strange, different, I don't like it so far... way too experimental. Although I like they take certain risks, I think that here the sound or melody is already something annoying and it's not very pleasant to hear, to the point that it seems like 3 songs in one, no fluidity. :waitwhat_britney_lights_out_scared_um_confused_what:

• Love 1
  • Like 3
44 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

I'm not blown away, I think Lisa is capable of going 10 times harder than this :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Honestly, they are trying to pull of a CL single with her, but its impossible. I like Lisa but the way CL does things cannot be copied. I still like Hyuna's comeback single more so Imma listen to that one

"SPICY" is my jam right now!. So glad she's back! :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Luminous said:

The visuals are amazing, as usual, and her performance is on point too, but the song is... strange, different, I don't like it so far... way too experimental. Although I like they take certain risks, I think that here the sound or melody is already something annoying and it's not very pleasant to hear, to the point that it seems like 3 songs in one, no fluidity:waitwhat_britney_lights_out_scared_um_confused_what:

omg thank you ! that's exactly is

Teddy fails to evolve sonically yet again with another boring production. The song sounds dated and has no replay value. The rap was cliché and even cringe at times. Although the MV has strong visuals, it lacks direction by trying to go for too many concepts. Lastly, I did not expect the choreography to be so basic, considering that Lisa is the main dancer of the group. Overall, I'm really disappointed; Lisa is my bias but I'm afraid she won't reach her full potential until she departs from YG.

GIF by SkySlope

• Love 3
  • Like 1

She is my bias but Teddy, what are these songs? :wontcry_tears_crying_sad: They sound so basic K-Pop track (not generic K-Pop songs) :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

The visuals are obviously A++ and her charisma is THERE, okay? :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red: but I expected more (like Pretty Savage realness)

For now, SOLO is my favorite, and I like and understand -R-, but this? idk :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad::kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad: and lisa is my baby :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

• Love 2
  • Like 1

There's nothing fresh about BLACKPINK since long time.

Between albums the photoshoot are always the same, compared to other kpop girl groups (even western artist), there's no concept, no effort in doing something different visually.

Musically BP peaked long ago too, now all the music sounds the same. Their solo works also doesn't have any difference to their band works.

I really used to love this group, but the quality it's going down, sadly, success is assured for them cause they are a powerful brand, so there's no point in trying something new for their company.

• Like 1

the "issue" (if you want to call it that) with BP is that they have had a set concept and image from the start and why drop it or change it when it clearly works. same with the way they're managed. long breaks, few comebacks, no real group-fandom bond or interactions which is also a breeding ground for solo stans. but it works out in their favor. personally I don't like the song, but I hardly like any BP song. and it's not because they're bad per se, what the hell do I know about music production. It's just not my type of sound, never has been.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block