Paramore gets a writing credit on Olivia Rodrgio's "Good 4 U," Adam Levine weighs in

• Leader

If you thought Olivia Rodrgio's hit "Good 4 U" sounded like Paramore's 2007 song "Misery Business," you weren't alone.

Hayley Williams of Paramore and her ex-bandmate, Josh Farro, received a credited on Olivia's No. 1 song and will earn 50% of the song's publishing. For months, TikTokers made mashups comparisons between the two tracks.

Thoughts, Exhale?!

TNlVuSo.jpg

• Haha 4

I’ve been playing Good 4 U nonstop in my head since yesterday like a damn sociopath. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Even though the songs may sound alike and I love Paramore, I don’t get why they’re getting royalties for that song if they didn’t have a hand on the writing.

Anyways, let’s make them richer. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Haha 2
  • Like 1

First Taylor Swift and now Paramore. Who's next. Sucks because Olivia prides herself on being so keen on music of all genres and eras. These type of cases are making her look dumb. Like her production and writing team really set her up. And whoever came up with the albums concept art ripped off a lesser known group.

E46E998XIAEyoBm?format=jpg&name=large

E46E997XIAACIL4?format=jpg&name=large

E46FA9eXIAYpcTQ?format=jpg&name=large

E46E992XwAEyYkf?format=jpg&name=large

E46FA9jXwAMajjD?format=jpg&name=large

E46FA9tXoAE4tGU?format=jpg&name=large

I wonder who's next?

• Like 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block